Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thats right. if youve got em, i want them.

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
Just some food for thought...

Both the stock mazdaspeed6 springs and racing beat springs show an increase in spring rates of 30%....

Both of them also drop the car half an inch,...

Could be a good cheaper option?? I have thought of putting mine on my old ladies car :)

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
but, are they linear springs, or progressive?

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i wouldnt think so.

but anyway, besides that, it would raise my car 2 inches in the back. i just cannot take that.

unless the mazdaspeed6 stock springs have been installed on a non mazdaspeed 6 and that did not happen. if so, can you link me?

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
I don't have them installed, but I have 6S and MS6 springs in my garage.... they look identical except the MS6 springs are half an inch shorter and are much firmer... I can get pics of that if you would like...

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
could you?

tho i dont think we could tell a progressive vs a linear spring... by looking at it..

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well ive gotta bike cross campus here real soon, you better be fast!

it just looked to me like the mazdaspeed had a similar stance to a stock mazda 6. stock.

and, it weighs more.

thus it would raise the height (esp in the rear) of the stock mazda 6.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
got pics, um, it looks shorter in the rear, but isnt that where the ms6 is heavier?

the front looks like the same size as stock, with an increased spring rate would raise my car...

i will link pics after class. brb.

·
Registered
900 Posts
The RB's are 20% increase, .75 drop on stock 6 and are linear (I have a set in my garage that I have not installed yet). That's what RB told me before they were bought. Doesn't the MS6 already have a 20% increase over a regular 6? If so then you only get a mild drop (if the MS6 springs aren't already shorter).

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
The racing beat springs are essentially no drop at all, as reported by owners... and are a 20% increase... so the MS6 springs would techinically handle better... being a larger increase and allowing for more suspension travel...

Now if they will raise the front of the car I don't know.... but it could be speculated you would see no drop at all... but the car would handle MUCH better...

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Pics:

compared to the H&R's im running right now, it would raise the car all around about an inch. at least.

i dunno, wiggum, are you selling those mazdaspeed6 springs? this has never been done before, ( and i WOULD like a stiffer spring in the rear vs the front, which i believe the ms6 spring would be over the racing beat, because of the weight difference.)

me being the guenie pig depends on price.

i'd almost like to just pay for shipping, try them, if they work, pay you moneys, if they dont work, ship them back. but that isnt how it works.

perhaps i could try them, buy them, and return them ( i pay shipping) if they arent what i was looking for.

ALSO, zoomnbyu, could you take pictures as well as measure the length of the RB springs you have in your garage uninstalled?

this would give us a great way to compare the drop, if you can give us the lengths of the Front and rear springs.

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
Yeah measurements would help...

Anyways, I really wasn't looking to sell mine, but I think I could handle shipping them to you... PM me and we'll talk...

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
wiggum, if you could measure the stock springs and the mazdaspeed springs please and give me the numbers here, im going to work out the drop ( raise, for me actually) that these springs will do.

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
The racing beat springs are essentially no drop at all, as reported by owners...
[/b]
No, that's not true, the RB's do drop, just not a ton. It's a nice understated look. You saw 'em on my car at MidOhio right arch?

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
yeap

ive seen alot of them, ive actually installed a set as well.

what got me, is how they ride compared to my h&R's. the h&R's are nice, but they are not as controlled and solid feeling as the rb's.

·
Registered
900 Posts
ive seen alot of them, ive actually installed a set as well.

what got me, is how they ride compared to my h&R's. the h&R's are nice, but they are not as controlled and solid feeling as the rb's.
[/b]
Hey Arch, I haven't installed my RB's yet. So you did like the ride? How much different was it from stock and what struts were you riding on. Struts is my sticking point and I am not keen on the Koni front strut installation. I like alot of control. I've always felt that the OE setup was too soft in that area - not enough rebound control. I have the full RB setup - springs and sways, so I imagine it will be quite stiff, no? Any feedback you can give would be greatly appreciated. :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts