Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hoping someone is looking to part out a 2014 or newer in the PA, MD, DE, NJ area. I need the passenger side rocker molding with all the mounting clips.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
I have to wonder whether those mounting clips are single-use... I do know that if for whatever reason you remove your existing moulding (say, to be able to spray internal-cavity rust-proofer into the inside of the rocker panel) that reinstallation requires that all clips be removed... and that the clips be put into their slots on the moulding strip and the moulding strip be "banged" upwards into place. Apparently it is cheaper to buy a whole new moulding "kit" (that includes all of the many clips) than just buying the individually packaged clips and re-using your old moulding. I think the moulding kit is about $53 Cdn.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, those clips are incredibly difficult to reinstall. I was honestly looking for the clips and everything together in the $20 range since the new one is $50ish. I'm probably just going to continue without it. I'm not really looking to spend a lot of money on a car that's only worth about 2k at this point.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
I am curious whether, when you / if you remove individual clips from their holes - whether the paint (on the edges of the holes) gets damaged... or the "flatness" of the sheet metal around the holes gets "b*ggered"? On the same basis, I wonder if during reinstallation, as the clips/moulding combination gets "bunted" into place... the paint gets broken and rust starts? Seems to me to be a 'kinda poor arrangement. And WHY so, so many holes... and, indeed, why is there a moulding there anyways? Seems like a rust-issue just waiting to happen.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts