Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a nice set of 18" OEM GT/GS (not mazdaspeed) rims. I would consider the MazdaSpeed rims if the price was right, but I haven't came across any that suited me yet. I would even go for a set of 17" OEM wheels if they came with tires. Right now my car is rolling on 16" with covers so I'm looking to upgrade to an OEM wheel that improves the look of the car.

I'm also looking for a spoiler. It doesn't matter which style, lip or wing, but I will tend to look at offers for lip spoilers a little more seriously.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
Thats tempting...I might get back to you if I can't find a set of the style I want. Just curious, what does a set of tires for those rims run you?
[/b]
The Bridgestone tires are about $200 each for those. I have them on my car, but with the MazdaSpeed rims. See attached pic.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Depends what your going for. You can get a set of tires real cheap or pretty expensive.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Thats tempting...I might get back to you if I can't find a set of the style I want. Just curious, what does a set of tires for those rims run you?
[/b]
They'll range from $90 a piece for kuhmo's to $200 for high end yoke's, goodyears, or bridgestones.

Tirerack, (4) Kuhmo Ecsta SPT's w/ shipping are roughly $390 (depending on where you're shipping them to).

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I probably wouldn't go for the Kuhmos, but is the difference in those and the higher end Bridgestones or Goodyears really enough to pay $400 more for? It never snows here and I'm not really agressive with my driving.

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
Goodyear tires suck in rain. I have Bridgestones now, and they aren't good in temps below 40 degrees (but they're summer tires, so that makes sense). Honestly. the best tire I've ever owned was called Avon and I got them from TireRack.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Goodyear tires suck in rain. I have Bridgestones now, and they aren't good in temps below 40 degrees (but they're summer tires, so that makes sense). Honestly. the best tire I've ever owned was called Avon and I got them from TireRack.
[/b]
I have the Avon Tech M550 A/S's on my car and I love them. Have about 10k miles on them and they still have great treadlife and are very good in the rain. For the price, they are on the cheaper end but for performance and traction, they are one of the best that tirerack has to offer.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/surveyresult....jsp?type=UHPAS

They were a little over 100 bucks each.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts