Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I figure you MS6 guys would be swapping out for aftermarket bumpers, etc. So I want to buy a MS6 front, rear bumper as well as the hood if possible. If any of you guys have one FS let me know what you want and maybe we can work something out. My car is red (sorry I don't know the color name.. but its the non-metallic red) and I'd prefer that color if possible but I won't push my luck. Thanks!

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
I haven't heard of any MS6 owner swapping out their body components yet.

But, regardless, the MS6 body parts aren't a straight swap onto the 03-05 Mazda6. So don't think you can just buy the pieces someone else doesn't need and just throw them on your car.

It will require a fair bit of work on the front end. Outside of the body parts themselves, you'll need a new radiator support, new hood latching equipment, and entirely new fenders to start. Those parts will all require some tweaking to get all lined up correctly.

Then, on top of all the body components you'll need them all painted because the MS6 red isn't the same as your red. And, since you're doing so much of the body you'll need extensive blending work into the rest of your car otherwise it'll look like crap.

You're looking at about $5,000 for all the parts, wholesale, shipped to you. Plus probably $1500-$2500 to install and paint at a reputable shop.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I haven't heard of any MS6 owner swapping out their body components yet.

But, regardless, the MS6 body parts aren't a straight swap onto the 03-05 Mazda6. So don't think you can just buy the pieces someone else doesn't need and just throw them on your car.

It will require a fair bit of work on the front end. Outside of the body parts themselves, you'll need a new radiator support, new hood latching equipment, and entirely new fenders to start. Those parts will all require some tweaking to get all lined up correctly.

Then, on top of all the body components you'll need them all painted because the MS6 red isn't the same as your red. And, since you're doing so much of the body you'll need extensive blending work into the rest of your car otherwise it'll look like crap.

You're looking at about $5,000 for all the parts, wholesale, shipped to you. Plus probably $1500-$2500 to install and paint at a reputable shop.
[/b]
Hmm... didn't realize it was so much stuff. I guess I'll never understand why Mazda made so many versions of one car that aren't compatible with each other. LOL. Thanks for the info Sigma.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
but the rear bumper is the worst part of the ms 6 i mean the front bumper... i mean the raidator grill... i mean the hood...

(i dont like the way the new ms 6's look imo)

:p

1 - 6 of 6 Posts