Mazda 6 Forums banner

WTB: Mazda6 OEM 17" Wheels

1K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  PlatMS6 
#1 ·
Hi Guys,

I am new to this site, and this is my first out of probably many. (not really a PostWhore, but close :))

I am looking to buy a set of Mazda6 17" OEM Wheels 17x7 in good condition

Let me know if you know someone that is selling theirs in the GTA area or if you don't need yours anymore (I am located in Oakville)

IF Interested, I do have a set of 15" Kumho KW19 winter tires on 15" steelies. Used for 1.5 winters and in good condition. I could trade these for the 17's without tires. If nothing I will post these in a separate thread for sale with pictures.

Contact: Either post here or PM (heh if you are hiding something...jks)

Thnx

#5 ·
Welcome to the club. i see you joined on the 6th, great!

What i would do if you want to maintian the stock look in winter....buy a set of Rx-8 rims from the rx-8 club for the summer (18" rims) and use your stockers as wintes.... :yesnod:
[/b]
Thnx CLamen, I would really like to go with the 17" Mz6 rim, 18" Winter tires are too expensive (so are 17's even compared to 16's).

I would like to run the Mz6 17" wheel with some 215-50-17 Rubber through winter.

You shoulda join the club earlier, I sold mine for $350 already. ;)
[/b]
I bought the car on the 2nd, signed up on the 6th thats pretty fast :)

Any of you know anyone that is selling theirs though?

#6 ·
... would like to run the Mz6 17" wheel with some 215-50-17 Rubber through winter...[/b]
Do you know you can go with 205/60R16 to replace the stock 17s? You wrote Mz6 so I'm assuming not Speed. If you are already aware but really want 17s, than just ignore this post.

16s will save tons on tires, and you can save again with 16 inch steelies, or I suppose save on 16" nice looking rims. Personally, I like the black steelies look in winter - it says I don't worry about storms, just means better skiing once my 6 on winters get me to the hill!

Also, 16s are better than 17s for a winter tire, more sidewall, less width to push through snow. Check the wheels/tire section for recent posts if you want more info, even lots of recommendations.

Heck some posts even say 15s will fit, so perhaps your 15s would work. Most posts cautioned for caliper clearances if you didn't get just the right 15. So I stuck to the safe 16s, but maybe you should check.

#8 ·
Do you know you can go with 205/60R16 to replace the stock 17s? You wrote Mz6 so I'm assuming not Speed. If you are already aware but really want 17s, than just ignore this post.

16s will save tons on tires, and you can save again with 16 inch steelies, or I suppose save on 16" nice looking rims. Personally, I like the black steelies look in winter - it says I don't worry about storms, just means better skiing once my 6 on winters get me to the hill!

Also, 16s are better than 17s for a winter tire, more sidewall, less width to push through snow. Check the wheels/tire section for recent posts if you want more info, even lots of recommendations.

Heck some posts even say 15s will fit, so perhaps your 15s would work. Most posts cautioned for caliper clearances if you didn't get just the right 15. So I stuck to the safe 16s, but maybe you should check.
[/b]

I feel bad for you having to go to the trouble of typing that. I stated that I needed the 17" OEM from the Mz6...reason being, I upgraded to a MazdaSpeed6. Thanks for the ideas though.

#9 ·
Osrry my bad i meant for you to keep the 17s as the winters and get the 18's for the summer.

But yes the 205 R 16 are the best for the winter.....unless like you said you want to maintian the 17's look. But CDN TIRE doesnt stock them regularily and they cost considereably more than the 16's do.

Off hand i can't thi8nk of anyone selling their rims right now....i could sell you mine, but then i'd be out of a set of rims.....

#11 ·
If he has a Mazdaspeed6 he cannot run 16's the brakes are too large. He's looking for the OEM 17" wheels to use as winter tires. I will be selling my set of 17's when I remove them for my 15" winter tires. The price of the wheel is up in the air, only one has some minor scratches but no curb rash. I hit a rabbit or some other animal, near Sothea's house.

I was thinking somewhere around $350 for the set.

#12 ·
If he has a Mazdaspeed6 he cannot run 16's the brakes are too large. He's looking for the OEM 17" wheels to use as winter tires. I will be selling my set of 17's when I remove them for my 15" winter tires. The price of the wheel is up in the air, only one has some minor scratches but no curb rash. I hit a rabbit or some other animal, near Sothea's house.

I was thinking somewhere around $350 for the set.
[/b]
PM Sent!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.