Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so I currently have MazdaSpeed springs installed and I am happy with the back drop but not with the front. Despite much discussion nothing has been solved so I wanted to try a different spring in just the front. I have seen the Eibach typically give a very nice drop in the front, so if anybody has a used set that they are either willing to sell just the fronts or the whole set as long as it is cheap enough to justify using just the fronts let me know!

I am not looking for just Eibachs, but something that will give me a similar drop as well...

·
Registered
159 Posts
If yours is a mid to late model 04, you won't be happy with the Eibach's (Pro-Kit I assume) either up front. They won't drop more than maybe 1/8" more than the MazdaSpeed springs. I bought Sportlines to put up front so that the gap would disappear and I'm happy with the appearance now. I should have bought the Tein S-Techs to begin with... Just FYI from my experience...

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If yours is a mid to late model 04, you won't be happy with the Eibach's (Pro-Kit I assume) either up front. They won't drop more than maybe 1/8" more than the MazdaSpeed springs. I bought Sportlines to put up front so that the gap would disappear and I'm happy with the appearance now. I should have bought the Tein S-Techs to begin with... Just FYI from my experience...
[/b]
So Tein S-Techs will give the best drop up front? thanks for the info...

·
Registered
159 Posts
If you're having the same problem I did, which is a monster gap up front when compared to the rear, then you want a front drop of 2" which you can find with the Tein S-Tech's or the Eibach Sportlines. They really only drop about 1.6" or so but it looks much better and performance is not affected, still handles great! :drive:

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you're having the same problem I did, which is a monster gap up front when compared to the rear, then you want a front drop of 2" which you can find with the Tein S-Tech's or the Eibach Sportlines. They really only drop about 1.6" or so but it looks much better and performance is not affected, still handles great! :drive:
[/b]
yup, exactly. What did you do? did you just swap out the whole set, or just the fronts?

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the eibach prokit and sport kit are two different types of spring rates. still not sure how much i would suggest mixing the two. if you main concern is just apperance though, your ok.
[/b]
no, I wouldn't mix those two. Originally I was thinking about keeping the MazdaSpeed in the back and replacing the front's with something else, but now I am considering moving completely over to the Tein S-Techs, since they make a wagon specific set.

hmmm, might have to sell my MazdaSpeeds...

·
Registered
159 Posts
I just swapped out the front and left the rear alone. I haven't had any significant handling issues, even on some of the rougher roads here in town. If you got the S-Tech's I would swap out all of them since they won't lower your rear much more. Like he said, the spring rates are different running two different sets of Eibach's but they would be the same with the Tein's if you switched them all out. Obviously. :) I just didn't want that extra 0.4 inch drop in the rear by putting the sportlines on there.

·
Registered
238 Posts
yeah like me :D

pobody if you do sell the MS springs shoot me a PM with what you are looking for. i'm assuming since you have a 6S wagon thats the springs you bought.... that would level out my 6S sedan :D

·
Registered
159 Posts
from what i have read the s-techs are the way to go. as mixing a progressive vs linear spring is just not the wisest idea imo. but for looks, it works. i would not think you would have much trouble selling off the mazdaspeed springs. ;)
[/b]
Eibach USA lists both their Pro-Kit and Sportlines as being progressive. Just FYI.

·
Registered
756 Posts
no, I wouldn't mix those two. Originally I was thinking about keeping the MazdaSpeed in the back and replacing the front's with something else, but now I am considering moving completely over to the Tein S-Techs, since they make a wagon specific set.

hmmm, might have to sell my MazdaSpeeds...
[/b]
If you decide to go with the S-techs in the front only, let me know and ill go halfs with ya.
Ive been wanting to try the s tech on the rear.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yeah like me :D

pobody if you do sell the MS springs shoot me a PM with what you are looking for. i'm assuming since you have a 6S wagon thats the springs you bought.... that would level out my 6S sedan :D
[/b]
You will be the first person I contact if I go that route.

If you decide to go with the S-techs in the front only, let me know and ill go halfs with ya.
Ive been wanting to try the s tech on the rear.
[/b]
wow, looking at your pics it does appear that you are in the exact opposite situation as me. I am surprised your h-techs dropped your front that low!

we just might be able to work out a deal that will benefit us both :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
5 Participants
pobody
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing