Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted 2 12' custom sub box that can be fitted into the back right and back left corner (meaning 2 sub boxes) if you only have one that is ok. PM me if you have one, i really need them.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Guys,

Hit me up on my email (daveavinoATgmail.com) or on AIM (Daverulz1). I don't have one already built, but would be more than willing to build you exactly what you are looking for.

Dave

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
Guys,

Hit me up on my email (daveavinoATgmail.com) or on AIM (Daverulz1). I don't have one already built, but would be more than willing to build you exactly what you are looking for.

Dave
[/b]
I just want something like the one in the link above. How much are you thinking?

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
like the other guy said i can build you one for each side. i'm a co-owner of a custom audio shop in austin and my head installer/co-owner with me has been building custom glass enclosure's for 9years. pm me if interested, oh i'll beat his price ;).

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok this sounds pretty good ill email all of you guys and see what i can do. I NEED this box to fit in the right corner and the left corner (the corners closest to the bumpers. They can not be square and are 12" subs.

Ill PM/ email you all.

Just like this

Need the fit exactly like that, so if its not custom it probably wont do. (and i need 2!)

PM's sent and emails sent.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
I am also intrested in these custom sub boxes, but I own a 5-door. So let me know if it can be done and for how much for 2 12s.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
to the guy with that IDQ, no offense but that's a ummmm WAY too much. those subs are easily had new for 80 bucks and 100 new if you look around. that isn't a 250 dollar box by any means as there's little to no custom work.

the work that i/my friend can and have done is a much more flush and good looking job. to no offense to the guys who have the other box's but with a sub that's only 8" deep you don't need it sticking out 8" from the side of the trunk ;).

·
Registered
215 Posts
to the guy with that IDQ, no offense but that's a ummmm WAY too much. those subs are easily had new for 80 bucks and 100 new if you look around. that isn't a 250 dollar box by any means as there's little to no custom work.

the work that i/my friend can and have done is a much more flush and good looking job. to no offense to the guys who have the other box's but with a sub that's only 8" deep you don't need it sticking out 8" from the side of the trunk ;).
[/b]
Little to no custom work?

The box is completlety custom for a 6. Fiberglass does not define custom. Most people agree that the acoustic properties of MDF are far superior to fiberglass boxes. And Show me where you can get a IDQ 12 for under 150. Its a 1.5 cuft box ported exactly to specs for an IDQ and to fit snuggly in a Mazda 6, thats what custom is.

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
Attatched is an image of what I have, for sale.Made for the 03-05 (not sure of the 06 is the same...?) trunks.

Details:
VERY strong
hard worked on enclosure
7 layers FG and has a MDF wood back
has lots of bondo from tryign to make it perfectly smooth.
12" fits PERFECT in each enclosure
middle piece is an amp rack for 2 amps (or one, whichever you prefer)
Currently wrapped in black suede
You CAN take the suede off, refinish the enclosures to a perfect smoothness and have it painted
Spent about $230 on them and LOTS of hours

Any questions, just ask, I would love to sell them, I have no use for them. Give me an offer

EDIT: Old attatchments wont show up forsome reason. Here are links:
http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?act=...st&id=15484
http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?act=...st&id=15485
http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?act=...st&id=15486
[attachmentid=15484]
[attachmentid=15485]
[attachmentid=15486]

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ok dave quoted me at 400 for full fibre glass and i kinda laffed (not cause the price was a bad price, but because i never knew boxes were that expensive so i definately underestimated)

alls i really need is wood boxes or wood with fibre glass backing so it has the custom fit. and i want it closest to the rear bumper of the car, not like the pictures above. I was hoping for 100 for 2 used ones that have been a little beaten up or what ever. We'll see.
I could maybe go 150 well see.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
bump because im actually also purchasing a whole setup if you have one whether its 2 subs or 1.

still buying 2 custom sub boxes for the 6.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
there is NO way you're getting 2 custom boxes for anything close to 150

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i got my box settled. No longer needed.
Looking for an amp though to buy.
Mono or a 2 channel for my woofer.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
400 for 2 small box's is a rip unless he wrapped them in suede or leather. then again, i make my stuff myself or have my bud do it and i spend no $ on labor. i'm amazed how much people pay for labor. 50 in material= 500 box to people.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
400 for 2 small box's is a rip unless he wrapped them in suede or leather. then again, i make my stuff myself or have my bud do it and i spend no $ on labor. i'm amazed how much people pay for labor. 50 in material= 500 box to people.
[/b]

First off $400 for two custom fiberglass boxes is not a rip, that is a steal. Any local car audio shop will charge you atleast $500-600 minium for a custom fiberglass box. If someone is charging $400 for a box to be built, they arent charging for the material, they are charging for the labor but most of all the knowledge of building the box correctly. Ya, building a simple sealed box isnt hard, but once you throw in the extra details of fiberglassing and forming it to your car then it gets to be a lil more to it and for some, they just have no clue on how to do it.. YOU might know how to build a box, but there are lots out there that have no clue what they are doing so they would rather pay 2-3-400 plus to have someone esle do it for them rather than trying it themselves.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts