Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Replying to Topic 'WTB: 17

I got a set the came fresh off a brand new 6s w/ sport package. Needless to say, tires and wheels are brand new. I want 8 bills for them. shipping is extra.

[email protected]

·
Registered
628 Posts
Reading Topic: WTB: 17

What kind of bills? $1's? SOLD!
$8 + S&H for some nice rims!

j/k :p

You might wanna put your location in your profile so people know where you will be shipping from...

·
Registered
12 Posts

smf,
Did you have any luck finding wheels/tires?

I am also interested in a 17" wheel and tire pkg but $800 is a bit too steep for me.

Cory_H

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Actually, Cory, someone sold me their 2003 IS300 rims and tires (both brand new) for $500.

Some of the guys on this board (except for WhoDiddy) are UNREALISTIC when it comes to selling their stock wheels. For a little over $800, one can buy aftermarket rim/tire packages from reputable vendors.

I wasn't interested in financing someone's 18" upgrade by paying that much for wheels that CAME with their car! It's not like they are MazdaSpeed RacingHarts!

Sorry to rant,... it's all good.

·
Registered
12 Posts

Hmmm... Lexus rims would look good on the 6. Didn't occur to me to consider other OEMs. smf - Be sure to post a picture.

·
Registered
791 Posts

Interesting, smf.

The two types of rims you mentioned in your post are the two I tried to win on eBay!

Those being the IS300 rims and the Mazdaspeed's Racing Harts. Both went for somewhere around $550-$650, if I remember correctly, before shipping.

Of course, I bought the rims from WhoDiddy. Not only were they more reasonably priced, but they looked better and fit perfectly.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Forgot to mention, these wheels are for my Protege 5, - not the 6.

Stretchsje, I didn't see the MazdaSpeeds on Ebay when I was looking around. Wish I had! I ended up buying the IS300 rims from someone locally who had bought the Lexus a week prior. I didn't trust that the ones on Ebay weren't "replicas."

Stretchje, you got a great deal from WhoDiddy. That's a perfect example of a situation that was profitable for BOTH parties. WhoDiddy wasn't trying to get rich off of his OEM wheels!

·
Registered
2,972 Posts

But isn't Protege 4-bolt? The 6 have 5-bolt pattern so I wouldn't have worked anyway... Or did you mean Protege OEM's?

·
Registered
229 Posts

Protege = 4 Bolt

Protege 5 = 5 bolt  +45 offset[/b]
I assume you are referring to me when you said getting rich off selling OEM wheels and tires. That was unnecessary and cruel. I have no intention to jack anyone here. I know for a fact that it will cost someone $ 176 to purchase each wheel from Mazda. that's $704 for a set of wheels without tires. Adding the cost of the tires will probably net someone at $1200 or so. Now, you don't have to buy from me nor even recommend me to anyone but the fact of the matter is that, I have a set of brand new wheels and tires with less than 50 miles on them. The flip side is also true. You can purchase aftermarket wheels and tires for a lot less but that is almost always the case 99% of the time. No one said factory parts are supposed to be cheaper than aftermarket parts. You want the premium parts, pay the premium price.

Anyway I am just ranting.

·
Registered
12 Posts

We've seen new stock rims with tires go for $500 in this forum. A recent ebay auction ended at $450 for a new set of stock rims without tires.

IMO, OEM wheels should not command a premium because thousands of people have them already. I'll admit it, I'm a bargain shopper and the hunt is part of the fun. As M6 sales pick up, more and more OEM wheels are likely to be for sale so my plan is to stand by for the right deal.

Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

redss, I wasn't trying to be "cruel." I apologize. I had received several quotes from others selling their 6 rims, and they were all higher than your price. However, we all know Mazda (and every other car company) charges WAY too much for their OEM wheels, so using their price as a standard,... I don't know. I do know that when I sell my stock Protege 5 rims, it'll be a lot less than the dealers' price!

But, they're YOUR wheels, so you charge what YOU feel they're worth.

Again, sorry to have offended you.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts