Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I own a speed 6 and wanted to trade it in for an 06 WRX.

I test drove this car hard, highway and regular streets.

The MS6 is so superior to this WRX.

1. I can feel my turbo on the MS6 and cant feel any turbo on the WRX
2. The interior is so much nicer for the MS6
3. It is by far a faster car in any gear and especially after 40mph
4. The MS6 feels so close to how the Sti feels...regular wrx cant compete
Anyone else drive those WRX's and not like them?

I kept the MS6...but am pretty upset that its worth jack shit now

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I could not believe how crappy the WRX was in just every aspect, other then exterior. This Demo car I drove had 6k on it and the whole intercooler was dented from rocks. The clutch pedal was sqeeeking for some reasona nd the tranny just felt like Gue.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I drove my friend's WRX for an entire day while I was thinking about getting a turbo AWD car. I thought it was a good car, pretty basic (almost cheap) interior, but the response and handling was good bang for the buck in my opinion. WRXs are very well engineered machines.
I think the MS6 kills the WRX in fit & finish, but the MS6 wouldn't win the bang for the buck category if it weren't for the dealers selling them $8k under sticker.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
I had a deposit placed on the mazdaspeed6 as well as on a similarly colored wrx limited. They were essentially the same price after discounts etc. and I chose the speed6 with no hesitation, and only one regret (I didn't get leather in the Mazda).

The wrx limited was a nice car with some cool interior upgrades standard, but it didn't excite me like the mazda does. Also, I think the mazda has a more mature look, while not losing its sporting image.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
My speed is for the wife's DD. I made her drive the EVO and WRX, she hated both, said they were just AWD versoin of the SRT-4 we already had. She drove the MS6 and said it was about as close to the 3 series she was looking at cept it was 4 years newer...
:D

·
Registered
706 Posts
Sad about resale value. My GTI stickered for $22,600 and was worth $18,500 on trade last week. I paid $21000 for it, paid $21000 for the Speed6, but I bet is isn't worth $18500 now.

·
Registered
967 Posts
I too considered a rex when I was looking at the MS6. But after I drove the 6 that was it for me. Like others have stated the rex didn't have the zip I wanted or the refinement.

On the note of resale for the MS6. I'm sure it'll stabilize as the market really finds out the value in the cars. I had the same thing happen to my FSVT. If I had it now, I could sell it for a mint compared to two years ago.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I drove my friend's WRX for an entire day while I was thinking about getting a turbo AWD car. I thought it was a good car, pretty basic (almost cheap) interior, but the response and handling was good bang for the buck in my opinion. WRXs are very well engineered machines.
I think the MS6 kills the WRX in fit & finish, but the MS6 wouldn't win the bang for the buck category if it weren't for the dealers selling them $8k under sticker.
[/b]

Thats the only thing that kills me about this car. 8k under sticker means nothing to the consumer other then you have low monthly payments but the car is worth jack shit in the end. So when you go to sell it, you wont get anything for it. This is what happend to me...that and the fact that I liked the car a lot more then the WRX

Sad about resale value. My GTI stickered for $22,600 and was worth $18,500 on trade last week. I paid $21000 for it, paid $21000 for the Speed6, but I bet is isn't worth $18500 now.
[/b]
The dealership was offering me 18k and it took me 3 days to talk them up and they only went as high as 19k...thats just sad. In a year from now this car is worth jack shit.

·
Registered
149 Posts
The only reason I'd be sad about resale value of the car is if I wanted to sell it. If that is the only thing you don't like about the car, why would you want to sell it? If you keep the car, put your own value on it, who cares about what its worth to someone else.

·
Registered
431 Posts
On the note of resale for the MS6. I'm sure it'll stabilize as the market really finds out the value in the cars. I had the same thing happen to my FSVT. If I had it now, I could sell it for a mint compared to two years ago.
[/b]
Hmmm,

Think Toyota Corolla GT-S AE86 (sold my 90% excellent condition one for $2000 three years ago :swearin: ), 1st Gen BMW M3, BMW 2002 tii, Datsun 240Z and I am sure some of you can add to this list. Cars that at some point loss value do to the enthusiast market not fully grasping what rare factory performance combinations were built into these cars and leaving the depreciated values to the open non-enthusiast market demand (or lack thereof) until they were no longer produced or available on the new car lots.

Once our MS6 start making some news with 400+ HP mods, just watch what happens to the demand! The combination of scarcity + performance potential will start to change the value tide back up. There are many more available WRX and EVO's to choose from, so like anything - supply/demand will dictate price.

How many of you explained to your friend about your newly purchased MS6 and to only be responded to with a "I didn't know Mazda made a car like that!" Me? Almost every person who asked me about my new car. :sarc:

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Or just wait for another Fast and the Furious style movie to come out where they rice out a Speed6 and every wannabe street racer will want one.

Personally, I don't much care for the resale value of the car. I see the value of the car when I see the look on the kid's face who's sporting a modded WRX and just lost to a girl who is driving "just a Mazda 6".

I like the fact that these cars aren't as well known as the Speed3's (although, you can bet yer butt I'll be gettin a pair of the Speed3's seats). And I like how aggressive the car looks without having the matchbox feel of carrying a giant wing and hoodscoop.

Just my two cents.

·
Registered
826 Posts
I agree with turbogirl.

I, being the careless teenager that I am, have a few speeding tickets against me.

Last thing I need is a giant magnet called a WRX telling cops to check me out, radar gun me, and probably discover that I am speeding and need a ticket. With a speed6, while it still attracts attention, it just looks much more mature and clean and doesn't draw as much heat. Now if a cop knows his cars he will probably know the difference between a 6 and a speed 6 but I pray that he's not the one that gets me.

And boxer engines sound horrible. I'd drive one for fun once in a while but other than that hell no, it's just...off...

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hmmm,

Think Toyota Corolla GT-S AE86 (sold my 90% excellent condition one for $2000 three years ago :swearin: ), 1st Gen BMW M3, BMW 2002 tii, Datsun 240Z and I am sure some of you can add to this list. Cars that at some point loss value do to the enthusiast market not fully grasping what rare factory performance combinations were built into these cars and leaving the depreciated values to the open non-enthusiast market demand (or lack thereof) until they were no longer produced or available on the new car lots.

Once our MS6 start making some news with 400+ HP mods, just watch what happens to the demand! The combination of scarcity + performance potential will start to change the value tide back up. There are many more available WRX and EVO's to choose from, so like anything - supply/demand will dictate price.

How many of you explained to your friend about your newly purchased MS6 and to only be responded to with a "I didn't know Mazda made a car like that!" Me? Almost every person who asked me about my new car. :sarc:
[/b]
DUDE...i had no idea Mazda made a car like that and when I drove it i was like wholy shit this thing pulls hard, and i instantly chose it over the wrx i drove

Or just wait for another Fast and the Furious style movie to come out where they rice out a Speed6 and every wannabe street racer will want one.

Personally, I don't much care for the resale value of the car. I see the value of the car when I see the look on the kid's face who's sporting a modded WRX and just lost to a girl who is driving "just a Mazda 6".

I like the fact that these cars aren't as well known as the Speed3's (although, you can bet yer butt I'll be gettin a pair of the Speed3's seats). And I like how aggressive the car looks without having the matchbox feel of carrying a giant wing and hoodscoop.

Just my two cents.
[/b]

I want those seats bad too. will they fit right into the speed 6????

·
Registered
217 Posts
I sincerely doubt the Speed 6 is going to be worthless in a couple of years. Anyone who says this is wrong. Plain and simple.

Look at it.

AWD, 274 hp, 280 tq (yeah, yeah, I know, at the crank--and the average consumer only cares about that), leather, nice looking, relatively exclusive (as compared to a WRX or even STI), all the creature comforts and room for the family.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
doubt it build quality on the ms6 is retarded bad and quality of the plastics are even lower then the wrx.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
I have no clue if those seats will fit, but I plan on finding out. I wasn't impressed with the performance of the Speed3, but damn...give me those seats! The Speed6 could go in several different ways...nose dive into the ground or it's value may pick up later on. Like it was mentioned before, however, if you're looking for resale value over the value the car has to you...buy something that everyone has that's known to keep its value. The first thought that came to my mind when buying this car wasn't how much I'd be able to turn around and sell it for in six months, it was how worth it is this car to me? The resale value could drop to a dollar and I would still love my car...I would just be making sure to add gap insurance to my full coverage if that happened. This car is unique, and I feel proud every time I get in the drivers seat. :drive:

·
Registered
679 Posts
It'll be like any other sedan of this class. You won't get what you want for it when you do sell it.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
It'll be like any other sedan of this class. You won't get what you want for it when you do sell it.
[/b]
Exactly!

I've just gotten used to bending over with new cars. But hey, its a hot car...so who cares?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Lets just hope your 100% right!!!!!

and on the Sti note, I dont see why its faster. I also drove it and although I do like it a lot, it did not feel like it was that much faster then the speed 6. Both cars are far superior to the regular wrx though

1 - 20 of 53 Posts