Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Mazda 6 Sport
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have wanted to get my roof wrapped for the longest time and finally pulled the trigger on Tuesday night. I have to say the car looks much cleaner and I can't wait to get rid of the chrome door trim as well (that's the next step)! Definitely suggest you wrap the car with another person because it seems to be a finicky process.

If you want to try wrapping your roof black try these vinyls:
3M Gloss Black 5ft by 6ft: https://amzn.to/37lhsWo
VViVid Gloss Black 5ft by 6ft: https://amzn.to/3bA083e

Let me know what you guys think, my next mod will probably be a front lip because I've been scraping and I'd rather scrape a cheap front lip than the OEM bumper.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Great work! I'm not a skilled wrapper, so I've found 3M vinyl the hardest to work with because it's thin, brittle and unforgiving. It probably looks the best but you have to be very skilled to be successful (I'm not). I did the hood of my Daytona with Oracal matte black, which is thicker and softer than the 3M, making it easier to apply. It's more forgiving since the initial tack isn't so aggressive.

·
Registered
2015 Mazda 6 Sport
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
2015 Mazda 6 Sport
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
2015 Mazda 6 Sport
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Great work! I'm not a skilled wrapper, so I've found 3M vinyl the hardest to work with because it's thin, brittle and unforgiving. It probably looks the best but you have to be very skilled to be successful (I'm not). I did the hood of my Daytona with Oracal matte black, which is thicker and softer than the 3M, making it easier to apply. It's more forgiving since the initial tack isn't so aggressive.
View attachment 239232

That looks really good!

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have wanted to get my roof wrapped for the longest time and finally pulled the trigger on Tuesday night.
Looks nice! Definitely interested to see how it looks after you wrap the chrome door trim. Are you also planning to wrap the chrome trim on the front of the car around the grille? I've got a silver 2014 6 Touring, and I've been contemplating "blacking out" the trim and emblems.

·
Registered
2015 Mazda 6 Sport
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks nice! Definitely interested to see how it looks after you wrap the chrome door trim. Are you also planning to wrap the chrome trim on the front of the car around the grille? I've got a silver 2014 6 Touring, and I've been contemplating "blacking out" the trim and emblems.
So what I plan on wrapping next are the window trims, the chrome piece across the trunk and for the front grill I've been going back and forth on that part. I may black out the grill, but keep the emblem chrome since I've seen that look on another 6 and it's extremely clean!

·
Registered
2015 Mazda 6 Sport
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The door trim was the first thing I did. I just used plastidip so nothing really complex.

Looks good, I need to do this ASAP.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts