Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
17,374 Posts
Yup, plenty of people. It looks nice when done well and terrible when not. Lasts quite a while but is a real nuisance when scratched.

There's also a few people who fully plasti-dipped their cars too - that costs a bit but is pretty sturdy - had a guy get t-boned real good and it didn't even scratch despite the whole door being dented. Don't know if vinyl holds up that well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yup, plenty of people. It looks nice when done well and terrible when not. Lasts quite a while but is a real nuisance when scratched.

There's also a few people who fully plasti-dipped their cars too - that costs a bit but is pretty sturdy - had a guy get t-boned real good and it didn't even scratch despite the whole door being dented. Don't know if vinyl holds up that well.
I'm considering getting my 2016 done instead of painting it. Thanks for the info.

·
Super Moderator
17,374 Posts
I can't think of their names, but there's a few people who wrapped just the roof of their 3rd gens (2014+) on here - you might be able to find them if you search around.

Good luck and let us know if you've got questions.

·
Registered
684 Posts
I have some experience with vinyl and my advice is that if the prices are similar between quality paint vs. quality vinyl, definitely go with the paint job. Admittedly, I don't know how much either cost nowadays.

Reactions: ChefWill

·
Registered
19 Posts
If you just want to temporarily change the look of your car, wrap it. If the original paint looks really bad now, painting is the best solution.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts