Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
They get dirty pretty quick, I change mine every year.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
I have 37k and i need to change mine. I must have a family of Darfur refugees living in my filter by now.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
ya...I just changed mine last month, .....well....maybe I shouldnt say changed.......(A MUST BUY) rather..... It was 4th of July Weekend, and the family was planning a family reunion. Crunk the 6 on to let the AC cool. Five minutes later,STILL HOT!!...I was like.....huh?......Turns out...... The Blower from the AC totally shredded the Air Filter to pieces!! :swearin: (Dont ask how) ahahahaha.......

That didnt stop us though.......95-100 degrees......Rolled down the windows and drove about 200 miles to the reunion. :drive:

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
Holy cow guy! Get it change every 16k -18k miles.

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
gal, and every 12,000 miles you suppose to change....
[/b]
opps, my bad :blush:

is it 12k? thought it was 16k. Ok...well then you are still well over due.

·
Administrator
2018 Mazda6 GT Reserve
8,533 Posts
I change mine once/year, about 15-16K miles, and the dirt build-up isn't too bad.

That reminds me, it's time to change mine. :)

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Thats what mine looked like at 12,000miles...

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
I would change it once a year.

After changing mine for the first time, my AC worked alot better.

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Shit, I really need to do that. I haven't done mine yet (I won't even say how many miles I have, but I'm almost out of warranty!!! :D)

·
Registered
17 Posts
So how hard is it to do this? I know there is a how to on 6tech but from personal experience what are your opinions? How much was it too?

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
I'll have to hit the dealership sometime in the coming week and pick one of these up so I can throw it in there. Its funny, sometimes I hear a little whining from the fans in the HVAC system and I think its because the filters probably somewhat stopped up with dirt.

·
Registered
932 Posts
anyone have the link for the how to? Maybe where to buy one? I have to sadly admit I'm one of those with the warranty about to expire and I've never changed mine. Plus, if it helps the A/C I could really use that!! The car gets hot here in the desert, even when it is raining!!

·
Registered
867 Posts
I'm not sure where to get it but in the manual it says to replace every 25,000 miles. But heres the how to

actually i just noticed on the top of the how-to that it says every 12,000 but i def remember seein the maintenance chart sayin 25,000 miles

·
Registered
328 Posts
it looks like you had a peanut on the old one....

yeah this swap takes about 5 minutes. i think the hardest part was getting that stupid cover back on there correctly.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts