Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I talk with Paul about the Fender Rolling tool and my DDE halos... then i go get my girlfriend... and drop her off to the mall before going to my friends house... and then i enter the hwy 400 on rutherford heading to hwy 7... and as i pass the langstaff entrance... my car shuts off... wont start up... hazard time... trucks about to smash me from behind... no room to park my car.... then.. out of nowhere a dark mazda 6 comes beside me and slows down.. i honk... he stops in front.. and who was it?? PAUL!!! lol... never met the guy before, and now I meet him on the highway. lol... I ran out of gas... was only 5 minutes with the gas light on... must be somethin wrong with my gauge... Anyways, he took me to the esso on hwy 7 and weston... got a jerry can, and we filled up my car with the gas... car started... woo...

THANK GOD FOR PAUL!!! I dont even remember saying thanks to him, I was scared shitless cuz i went from doing 160 km/h... to going 80.. then 40... then 20... :S with a truck right up my ass... i almost died... Paul.. dude I owe u a beer for the help. Sorry if I didnt seem all there, I was kinda in shock from my car dyin on me out of nowhere.

THANKS AGAIN PAUL!!!!! Great guy!!! Whenever you need help, just ask, im there.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Paul is actually the tech guru here

u couldn't have better luck than to running into him

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Paul is actually the tech guru here

u couldn't have better luck than to running into him
[/b]
yep, hes also a psychotic driver... just like me :D

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
yep, hes also a psychotic driver... just like me :D
[/b]
And me as well...having got 2 tickets in less than 5 months, who can beat me? :D

Fill up more next time before cruising. :drive: Btw, is 160 ur usual speed? :slap:

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
And me as well...having got 2 tickets in less than 5 months, who can beat me? :D

Fill up more next time before cruising. :drive: Btw, is 160 ur usual speed? :slap:
[/b]
I dropped off my girl at the mall... the gas light came on and i figure.. okay minimum 40 km's... i usually get about 70 km's... so i get on the highway RIGHT after the light came on... about 4 kms down... im doing 160.. but its losing speed... i press the gas... keeps going down... thought ... SHIT must be my intake... prolly came loose... happened once... now i tightened it 100% and put tape to make sure..

anyways, bottom line... i got 4 kms... after the gas light came on... im taking the car in to get checked... hope its just my car,... if all the cars of my assembly are effed up... its gunna be bad... nothing worse than doing 160 and a truck behind you doing the same speed... then u rapidly decrease speed... and the trucks still going fast.. cuz he doesnt know im slowing down.. wasnt braking or anything... scary shit... coulda died tonight.. Paul saved me a lot of time by bringing me to esso to get some gas and bring it to my car. thanks again Paul

Oh and I normally do 120 on the highway... know what i prolly wasnt even going 160, there is prolly sumthin wrong with my gauge... getting it check first thing. ill let u guys know... my car was part of the 2003 summer assembly... just incase u have cars made at that time... get them checked...

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
I'm glad it wasn't anything serious, and all it was was an empty tank.

No Problem, anytime you need anything just ask. I've came to the rescue of a couple members already I'm sure this won't be the last time.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Paul's come to many people rescue in the club, including mine. He's really a special guy and one of the few reasons the Toronto club still exists.

Now, you mention paying him back with beer? Emm, how to say this... he only accepts sexual favours as payment. I should know, he once tried... emmm, nevermind.

:)

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Paul's come to many people rescue in the club, including mine. He's really a special guy and one of the few reasons the Toronto club still exists.

Now, you mention paying him back with beer? Emm, how to say this... he only accepts sexual favours as payment. I should know, he once tried... emmm, nevermind.
:)
[/b]
lol. But its so crazy to meet one of the members.. on the effin highway. of all places..

Anyways, guys, get your gauges checked out, I have a feeling its gunna be a recall.. there is no way i get only like 4 or 5 kms out of the tank once the light comes on... unless somehow i punctured my tank when i did the fender rolling with my aluminum baseball bat... but highly doubt that.....

Oh and Paul.. I put 2 ppl in the back seat, me and my gf at front... and the right rear tire isnt hitting the fender anymore!!! WOOT!!!!

Ya I owe this guy big time

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
4-5 km sucks, i used to work in waterloo...120km from my house... light came on on the WAY to work (was almost at work)
continued going to work, drove ALL THE WAY HOME and filled up at the sunoco around the corner from my house.

oh..and yay paul

·
Registered
358 Posts
4-5 km sucks[/b]
Ditto. i usualy fill up when the light first goes on or shortly after. I can only ever fit 55-60 litres in. so If its a 67 litre tank that should allow for the same senario as balhar states. Although I am not going to attempt 120km on the low fuel light..

·
Registered
682 Posts
HAH! Mazda6Club Roadside Assistance to the rescue...all the more reason to put a Mazda6Club sticker in your back window...

·
Registered
384 Posts
ya i m thinkin that i might be gettin a sticker as well...i will jsut way for the T.O sticker...put it right across front windshield top ;)

good to know the story has a happy endind ;)

there must be something wrong with your gauge...cuz like balhar...i can do an easy 100km after the light comes on...and mine dont come on til it actually reaches the empty line...i noticed in other 6's it comes on between 1/4 n empty....mine comes on dead empty...but ther is plenty of fuel still left in there...so the gauge must be screwed on your car guy...

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
lol. But its so crazy to meet one of the members.. on the effin highway. of all places..

Anyways, guys, get your gauges checked out, I have a feeling its gunna be a recall..
[/b]
Just cause this happened to your car doesn't mean it's gonna be a recall
I don't see anyone else with this situation

you might wanna get your car checked out though

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just cause this happened to your car doesn't mean it's gonna be a recall
I don't see anyone else with this situation

you might wanna get your car checked out though
[/b]
it happened to 2 other guys when i was working at the dealership... i bought my car june 16th 2003, it was made in may. So my godfather let me work at the Avante Mazda dealer, to help pay off the car. I was just washing new and customer cars. But I saw some 6's get towed and brought to our dealership... then the mechanics tried putting some gas... and they worked... the customers said that the light just came on and out of nowhere the car shut off.. so they thought it wasnt cuz of the gas... but it was... So ya i would think its not just me... Im at the dealer right now getting it checked, stealing my godfathers (owner of dealership) internet. They said it may be the entire gauge... might replace it all.. that will show my car as having 0 kms... lol.. but im gunna have to sign some shit stating the correct mileage on it right now... incase i sell the car and try to scam the buyer.. which i prolly would have.. lol joke.

GO TO AVANTE MAZDA!!! PRIMA SUX!!!

it happened to 2 other guys when i was working at the dealership... i bought my car june 16th 2003, it was made in may. So my godfather let me work at the Avante Mazda dealer, to help pay off the car. I was just washing new and customer cars. But I saw some 6's get towed and brought to our dealership... then the mechanics tried putting some gas... and they worked... the customers said that the light just came on and out of nowhere the car shut off.. so they thought it wasnt cuz of the gas... but it was... So ya i would think its not just me... Im at the dealer right now getting it checked, stealing my godfathers (owner of dealership) internet. They said it may be the entire gauge... might replace it all.. that will show my car as having 0 kms... lol.. but im gunna have to sign some shit stating the correct mileage on it right now... incase i sell the car and try to scam the buyer.. which i prolly would have.. lol joke.

GO TO AVANTE MAZDA!!! PRIMA SUX!!!
[/b]
oh and also I got 498 km's out of my full tank... lets say 500...

whats that.. about 13.6 litres per 100 km? Thats about 85% city driving and 10% highway... and 5% showing off revving at lights.. lol!!!

Is that good fuel economy for a V6 with exhaust and cold air intake (AEM)? Automatic tranny... plus i drive like a maniac at times..

·
Registered
128 Posts
oh and also I got 498 km's out of my full tank... lets say 500...

whats that.. about 13.6 litres per 100 km? Thats about 85% city driving and 10% highway... and 5% showing off revving at lights.. lol!!!

Is that good fuel economy for a V6 with exhaust and cold air intake (AEM)? Automatic tranny... plus i drive like a maniac at times..
[/b]
I have a V6 and I get closer to 600km per tank. I'm also not the slowest or most patient driver!! However, I noticed my car seems to be burning more gas than usual lately.

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
I think the car is still adjusting to the colder temperatures. Our computers are a little too sensitive to the weather.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts