Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://motors.search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZroker500

i checked with several of his previous buyers, they are ALL very happy with his cars and had no issues with their vehicles... i guess this guy buys wrecked vehicles from insurance companies for pennies on the dollar, repairs them - and then sells them for a decent price...

anyone have experience with this? :drive:

·
Registered
498 Posts
Never buy a salvage car with a salvage title. Most insurance companies wont even give you coverage on it. If you get in an accident, there's also a chance you can get sued big time.

In Maryland, a car wont even pass inspection with a salvage title.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Those cars have a high probability of being ones that were in the flooding of hurricane katrina. I WOULD NOT BUY A SALVAGE TITLE CAR!!
[/b]

no - they aren't flood or katrina vehicles, if you read the auctions it states specifically where the car was damaged and how it was fixed.... :sarc:

·
Registered
4,499 Posts
no - they aren't flood or katrina vehicles, if you read the auctions it states specifically where the car was damaged and how it was fixed.... :sarc:
[/b]
You already know what I think... :cheers:

For everyone else... I have no issue buying a rebuilt wreck if the work is done properly and the price difference is enough to take the extra risk. However, the alignment of the left front quarter fender and hood leave me leery of the workmanship on this repair job.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
My dad bougth a salvage accord for 40% of its value, drove it for 10 years and sold for half as much as he got it for... not a single problem in the time span.

IF you can get a clear understand of what happened and how it was fixed then by all means go for it. Ther are a lot of rules as what is a "salvage" car and sometimes easy to fix but bad looking wrecks can be written off as salvage vehicles.

Im still too chicken to do it, but if the price was good enough i probably would.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
After hurricanes Katrina and Rita, I'd be wary of purchasing a salvaged vehicle from this area.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
After hurricanes Katrina and Rita, I'd be wary of purchasing a salvaged vehicle from this area.
[/b]
Sacramento is THOUSANDS OF MILES away from Katrina...!!!

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Did it, regretted it, car is now in the junk yard. Don't waste your money, and yes they do import from Katrina. I got mine in NH which came from Katrina.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Did it, regretted it, car is now in the junk yard. Don't waste your money, and yes they do import from Katrina. I got mine in NH which came from Katrina.
[/b]
I'm sorry to hear that.
We're hearing about cars going to all parts of the country. Caveat Emptor...buyer beware...

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
They specifically have said that they shipped a lot of the cars to CA, AZ, and TX
[/b]
i agree, but the folks who bought from this guy previously said that their cars are/were registered as CA cars already... you can check this stuff!! he even has pics and the police reports (with matching VIN#'s)

·
Premium Member
3,997 Posts
Salvage cars are only good for one thing... engine swaps. The engine in this (Right click and Save As) Factory Five Cobra was from a salvaged 2003 Ford Mustang Cobra. The owner of that FFR Cobra bought the Ford for very little money (Directly from an insurance company) and took the supercharged 4.6L out and tossed it in that FFR Cobra (Mind you, the first 4.6L supercharged FFR Cobra).

If I am not mistaken, the 4.7L V8 in that Toyota Tundra in that Ebay listing belongs in the UZFE engine family, which has become hotter than the LS1 to do an engine swap with due to it's very compact design, power output, flexibility and very low weight.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
About this Discussion
29 Replies
18 Participants
Lapis Man
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing