Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys I was looking at getting some adjustable鈥檚 from a 03 Mazda 6 wagon and was wondering how they would go on my 02 Mazda 6 sedan. Thanks 馃榿

Registered
Well, they didnt make a 6 till 2003, so im gonna call troll on that one. However, if somehow its actually a 6, they should bolt up, youll just have stiffer rears from the extra weight.

Rally Racer
Mazda released the 6 (Atenza) in 2002 for the greater global market (USDM omitted)

The rear spring rate is going to be effectively lower for the rear of the wagon. Another user here @hurddawg had had to mix and match his adjustable coilovers for the rear of his wagon needing extra lift because of sagging.

The spring rate in my non-coilover wagon was too low using sedan springs (+20%) and spacers. It just couldn't control the extra mass well.

Super Moderator
Mazda released the 6 (Atenza) in 2002 for the greater global market (USDM omitted)

The rear spring rate is going to be effectively lower for the rear of the wagon. Another user here @hurddawg had had to mix and match his adjustable coilovers for the rear of his wagon needing extra lift because of sagging.

The spring rate in my non-coilover wagon was too low using sedan springs (+20%) and spacers. It just couldn't control the extra mass well.
Everything he said is spot on (as usual). :)

Registered

Youre backwards man... hes putting wagons on a sedan...

Everything he said is spot on (as usual). :)
Well, not really lol.

Super Moderator
Youre backwards man... hes putting wagons on a sedan...

Well, not really lol.
I take that back lol - His info is right, but you are right that he and I both read it wrong (backwards).

@Billy:) those springs will work on your sedan but may have the rear riding a little higher since they're rated for more weight for the wagon.

Rally Racer
I take that back lol - His info is right, but you are right that he and I both read it wrong (backwards).

@Billy:) those springs will work on your sedan but may have the rear riding a little higher since they're rated for more weight for the wagon.
ha HA, Right.
oops
The wagon springs should work on the sedan as long as you are not wanting to go with the lowest setting up front, (because you will need to drop the rear lower than the front).
What @TalonTsi90 said above

There, how is that?

Registered
ha HA, Right.
oops
The wagon springs should work on the sedan as long as you are not wanting to go with the lowest setting up front, (because you will need to drop the rear lower than the front).
What @TalonTsi90 said above

There, how is that?
The difference isnt in height, its in spring rate, so it will just be stiffer in the rear. I could be wrong.

Rally Racer
The difference isnt in height, its in spring rate, so it will just be stiffer in the rear. I could be wrong.
The sedan springs in the wagon sat around 10-15mm lower than expected. I think the "sedagon" sprung vehicle will sit 10-15mm higher in rear but that is a guess. The remedy is as easy as cutting off a half coil or more to level things out if that is wanted.
The setup is reported to level sedans with trunk mounted subs. 馃し鈥嶁檧锔
Your results may vary.

Registered
The sedan springs in the wagon sat around 10-15mm lower than expected. I think the "sedagon" sprung vehicle will sit 10-15mm higher in rear but that is a guess. The remedy is as easy as cutting off a half coil or more to level things out if that is wanted.
The setup is reported to level sedans with trunk mounted subs. 馃し鈥嶁檧锔
Your results may vary.
He has coilovers, so height isnt an issue ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts