Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im not sure if anyone has done this yet but its worth asking about. Has anyone swapped out the main cat on the 6s for a high flow cat (leaving headers untouched). If so what kind of power gains could be expected, noise levels and any chance of throwing a cel? Also what kind of costs would someone be looking at?

Also is there any info out on the Intake Manifold and TB for the 3.5L Duratec for the next Mazda 6. Ie Possibly bigger and better and maybe a direct bolt on?

·
Registered
426 Posts
Im not sure if anyone has done this yet but its worth asking about. Has anyone swapped out the main cat on the 6s for a high flow cat (leaving headers untouched). If so what kind of power gains could be expected, noise levels and any chance of throwing a cel? Also what kind of costs would someone be looking at?

Also is there any info out on the Intake Manifold and TB for the 3.5L Duratec for the next Mazda 6. Ie Possibly bigger and better and maybe a direct bolt on?
[/b]
Wasnt there talk about this before on Tech and the consensus was that the gain over the stock cats would be pretty slim?

·
Registered
11,748 Posts
Given the choice between horrible exhaust manifolds, and a horrible y pipe design, I'd say the horrible exhaust manifolds would be the best thing to replace first. If you actually see the stock exhaust manifolds, and try to put your finder in one of the ports (forget which one), you can't even fit your finger in there...it's that restrictive.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Given the choice between horrible exhaust manifolds, and a horrible y pipe design, I'd say the horrible exhaust manifolds would be the best thing to replace first. If you actually see the stock exhaust manifolds, and try to put your finder in one of the ports (forget which one), you can't even fit your finger in there...it's that restrictive.
[/b]
Finder?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Finder?
[/b]

Yea...your finder...it's otherwise known as your pointer finger. The one you find stuff with...i.e. finder.

:)

Note...the Finder can also be refered to as the picker or flicker depending on the application...however, the flicker must not be confused with the flipper, which is the finger next to the finder...though I have seen the flipper used in the other applications, its use is somewhat risky in high population areas.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts