Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,997 Posts
Reading Topic: Would these look good?

The only thing I have seen "Spreewells" look good on, were huge honkin' SUVs. They are "all the rage" nowadays, just another big hype up, around here, an S2000, a C5 Corvette, a Camaro Z28 all have them and a few other cars that just don't deserve an overweight wheel.

Functionality over aesthetics I say. I have mounted tires to Davins before and needless to say, full steel wheels off of big box truck weighed less than that Davin.

·
Premium Member
1,776 Posts

You don't want to transform your 6 into a pimp car, do you?

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Actually, I've seen a 6 with these on. It was a yellow with sports kit. Didn't look too bad. It was 18".

But I agree with what's been said - there are nicer alloys.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Would these look good?'

Originally posted by Iz Me MJ

i saw these and thought they would either be real gay or real cool on the 6... what do you think?

[/b]

Mmmmm. More rotating mass. Slap them on the 6i and see if you can get the car to peak below 100 whp on the dyno. :sarc

·
Registered
1,405 Posts

Originally posted by kyler13

Originally posted by Iz Me MJ

i saw these and thought they would either be real gay or real cool on the 6... what do you think?

[/b]

Mmmmm. More rotating mass. Slap them on the 6i and see if you can get the car to peak below 100 whp on the dyno. :sarc

[/b][/quote]

i dont really think the idea is to put on heavy azz chrome spinning wheels and then hit the dyno. strictly for looks comes to my mind

·
Registered
652 Posts

Originally posted by ChoppaBoy

i dont really think the idea is to put on heavy azz chrome spinning wheels and then hit the dyno. strictly for looks comes to my mind[/b]
Then why not stick with a Civic that's all TFATF'ed out. you know.....an airplane wing, dropped to 1mm above ground, 20" rims that rub, a fart cannon tail pipe, neon lights, a big fat tach that hangs off the A-pillar, etc etc?

I mean, why buy a real car like the 6? If all you are going for is looks, then take yo' skrilla to da Hon-duh folks. bling bling with my spinnin rims yall! :sarc

J

·
0 Posts

Aside from the lively banter about the posted Wheel-Max alloy being gay or non-gay, what we could use is a heads up from anyone who has seen after market alloys that are comparable to the 17" alloy upgrade on the 6s that could be fit (fitted?) to the pedestrian 6i. On a related note, I understand them low-profile tires don't stand up for mileage, and would settle for a decent set of non-pimptious aftermarket alloys that would really compliment the 6. There's not much chrome on these cars; methinks an understated alloy look would better than California-lowrider-tinsel-glint. What say ye?

·
Registered
2,972 Posts

Agreed - those are a little to much.

About the 17" Mazda wheels - it happens sometimes that someone sells the stock wheels (often complete with tyres) here in the Buy/Sell forum. Check that place out from time to time and you might get REAL Mazda OEM wheels for your 6i!

Edit: I see there is a complete set of 17" wheels in the "OEM '03 Mazda 6s parts" thread there now!

·
Registered
464 Posts

There is a rule, if you like them then get em but if you get them you have to redo the interior of your car in leopard pattern, put hydraulics on your 6, put fuzzy dice on your mirror, and you have to wear a pimp hat with a feather whenever riding in your car.

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Reading Topic: Reading Topic: Would these look good?

And then you must have one of these in each one of the 4 passenger seats:

Hell where do I buy hydralics, BBNeil? :D

·
Registered
464 Posts
Reading Topic: Reading Topic: Would these look good?

hehe oh yeah can't forget the L A D I E S (or as you would have to call them after getting the spinners (hoes)) :D

·
Registered
157 Posts

i ahve those rims on my 6i, came with the sport package. also, from the dealer they are $1200 for the set

1 - 20 of 22 Posts