Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if there's a good enough sound difference if I dynamated my car and how much work that involves. Going up hills it's pretty noisy and kinda of loud when I have people in it while the music is turned down.

Or if there's other options other than putting back the ugly stock exhuast :nana:

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
I had my magnaflows on before I installed dynamat in my trunk in my first 6, and when the matting was installed we noticed a very noticable reduction in sound from the magnaflows.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
I was about to suggest you remove the ugly Magnaflow and replace it with the sleek, non-power-sapping, lighter (hence performance enhancing!) stock exhaust from mazda, but I guess you don't want to hear that, eh?

:D

·
Registered
212 Posts
Yeah, dynamating your car will make a noticeable audible difference. I did this when I had my magnaflows on my 6i... Just don't expect too drastic of a reduction in cabin noise, because it still will be loud enough to be heard going up a hill.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I don't expect it to disapear but something noticeable for the cost of installing it. Would I just install it in and around the hatch or should I take the rear seats out and install it there too? Thanks for the input

·
Registered
5,328 Posts
Wow, muffle the sound? I would get the resonator delete pipe if Blackmagik were still making/ selling em'. I don't think it's loud enough, but then again no cops bothering me.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Yeah, I don't expect it to disapear but something noticeable for the cost of installing it. Would I just install it in and around the hatch or should I take the rear seats out and install it there too? Thanks for the input
[/b]

I would remove the bottom part of the rear seats and dynamat that area as well. That part of the seat is real easy to remove if you've never done it before and will make a difference when dynamated.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I don't know why you would want to cut back the noise of your Magnaflow. The only reason people get exhausts is for the deeper, meaner sound. If you knew it was going to be deep then why'd you get it?

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
Wow, muffle the sound? I would get the resonator delete pipe if Blackmagik were still making/ selling em'. I don't think it's loud enough, but then again no cops bothering me.[/b]

Installing my Bosals tomorrow. Bring on the sound!!!!

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
You know an old back-woods trick for cutting down the sound is to buy some steel wool that you use for cleaning dishes and stuff it in the tailpipe.

·
Registered
2017 MZ6 GT Jet Black Mica
3,573 Posts
I agree about the Magnas being a little too aggressive sometimes. The only time I have a problem with it is if I have 2-3 passengers in the car on the highway and the AC/defroster on at the same time. It's pretty loud then. In some cases (though very few), those 2-3 people are clients and it kind of sounds unprofessional but oh well they don't pay for my car.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts