Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So my clutch just went, (smoke started billowing out of the hood and I had to get it towed) and I was thinking about upgrading to a Clutch Master's stage 1 clutch. I talked to the mechanic and he said that if I upgraded to a stage 1 that it would put a lot of extra stress on the transmission and would shorten its life considerably. I was wondering if any of you have upgraded to a stage 1 clutch and had any issues with the transmission. I don't have any engine modifications but might get a cold air intake maybe a couple months down the line. Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
11 Posts
i think that the stage 1 is like a OEM clutch ... i don't think this will be bad for your transmission ...

·
Registered
46 Posts
yeah, i think you should be fine. it isnt really any more harsh than your stock one.

·
Registered
5,733 Posts
a stage 1 clutch isnt gonna put any extra stress on your trans. now a stage 4 UNSPRUNG clutch on the other hand is gonna be a bit rough. but a stage 1 is nothing. hell, if im gonna be replacing mine, id be going with a stage 2 at least. lol

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
I know a member who ran a stage 4 CM clutch in his 6 for years and beat the hell out of his car at the track with ZERO issues.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Yea, sucks tho, all the places ive called don't recommend it and they said id only get the manufacturers 90 day warranty instead of the usual 1 year warranty that u get with a stock replacement clutches. Most all of the places I called wouldn't even install a stage 1 clutch, let alone the brand I would want... :(

The place with the best deal on labor and everything wants to use a Sachs OE clutch kit, so I think its this one:
http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/sku/Mazda/6/Sachs/Clutch_Kit/2006/S/6_Cyl_3-dot-0L/S2K7036801.html?tlc=Engine+%26+Drivetrain:squint:

Still tryna figure out what to do :headscrat:. I am broke, but I don't plan on having to replace the clutch, flywheel or anything like that again (or at least for a very long time)...

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Tell them to fuck off and install what you want to install. You're the one paying for their mortgage at the end of the day..not the OEM clutch manufacturer.

·
Registered
46 Posts
im going with egierda with this one! its not their car that they are working with, its yours, and as the customer, you tell them what you want to install. not the other way around. plus my bet is that the OEM clutch is probably just as expensive as a stage 1.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
5 Participants
turbodZ31
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing