Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a AEM cai and i was considering changing intakes because i know the cobb ap has had difficulties with the aem cai....is there a map for the aem cai or should i just get it over with and buy a new intake?

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
i have a AEM cai and i was considering changing intakes because i know the cobb ap has had difficulties with the aem cai....is there a map for the aem cai or should i just get it over with and buy a new intake?
Since you need a TIP, and the CAI has to come out for that anyways, I'd swap it out for a SF when you pick up a TIP. You can sell the CAI and only lose a few bucks in the process.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If I replaced the aem cai with a Cobb sf, along with adding a TIP, how much would that benefit me down the road when I am looking for a protune with an AP

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
If I replaced the aem cai with a Cobb sf, along with adding a TIP, how much would that benefit me down the road when I am looking for a protune with an AP
I'd say it will benefit you a lot AP/Protune or not. Your restriction point is the stock tip.. Have you seen pics of it compared to aftermarket ones? It's ridiculous how small and crimped up the stocker is. You're getting a ton of air into the intake, but then it's getting jammed up at the stock tip. You'll get way more air flow w an upgraded tip and your car will thank you. No point in Not getting one esp since you're getting all those other mods/AP/tune etc...

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well when your a student and tight on money...I was just planning on the ap and a tune this morning when I woke up....now I'm set on getting an SF + tip, I swear it's like I'm a heroine addict for fixing my car up

·
Registered
238 Posts
Well when your a student and tight on money...I was just planning on the ap and a tune this morning when I woke up....now I'm set on getting an SF + tip, I swear it's like I'm a heroine addict for fixing my car up
its worse.......

they have medicine and support groups to help get off heroine....

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Haha when are we can have "MSA" meetings? Just all get together and talk about our need for more parts and how everyday our cars
get faster but for some reason, it's not good enough

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
The MSCAI maps should work for the AEM, basically the same intake.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What are the benefits of running an aem cai + TIP vs sf + TIP and visaversa

1 - 11 of 11 Posts