Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IVe had my Speed6 for almost 5 months now. Within these months ive had so many problems
-two different tires with nails in them
-Bypass Valve had to be replaced
-Have had my car dinged and dented 4 times for inconsiderate [email protected] who are negligent when opening doors
-and now last night, driving through a parking lot, had to go through a puddle that had potholes that were about 2 feet deep. As of right now, i know i have two blown tires and probably more damage after i look at in the daytime.

I was going normal speed through the parking lot. The puddle covered the potholes and as i was waiting for a the police to arrive, i saw another 5 people go through it(in trucks) that almost lost control. What is the best way to go about getting the property owners to pay! Its ridiculous that they such big potholes in the middle of the road

·
Registered
542 Posts
I would notify the owners of the damage to your vehicle from their parking facility, then if they refused to compensate, take it to small claims court like Judge Judy??!! Take pictures of the pot holes and the date and time the pictures were taken, Then the damages on your car and estimate of repairs. Actually I would take the pics first because they might fill it up if they knew your taking them to court.....I wouldnt think U.S. laws are that different from canadians so here is my opinion.

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
Yeah, that sounds like a string of bad luck, but it could have happened in any car, with the exception of the bypass valve.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would notify the owners of the damage to your vehicle from their parking facility, then if they refused to compensate, take it to small claims court like Judge Judy??!! Take pictures of the pot holes and the date and time the pictures were taken, Then the damages on your car and estimate of repairs. Actually I would take the pics first because they might fill it up if they knew your taking them to court.....I wouldnt think U.S. laws are that different from canadians so here is my opinion.
[/b]

i am going to call the people that lease out the businesses on monday. I also am going to call code enforcement. I had pictures taken of my car last night, and also today. Looks like no rim damage except some scuffs, but the two tires are gone. Should i call code enforcement and ask them what they suggest or call the property owners and let them know the situation? Dont want ot be a dick, but the pothole has been there for a long time

·
Registered
542 Posts
i am going to call the people that lease out the businesses on monday. I also am going to call code enforcement. I had pictures taken of my car last night, and also today. Looks like no rim damage except some scuffs, but the two tires are gone. Should i call code enforcement and ask them what they suggest or call the property owners and let them know the situation? Dont want ot be a dick, but the pothole has been there for a long time
[/b]
I guess it can't hurt informing code enforcement about the situation before calling the property owners.

·
Registered
781 Posts
IVe had my Speed6 for almost 5 months now. Within these months ive had so many problems
-two different tires with nails in them
-Bypass Valve had to be replaced
-Have had my car dinged and dented 4 times for inconsiderate [email protected] who are negligent when opening doors
-and now last night, driving through a parking lot, had to go through a puddle that had potholes that were about 2 feet deep. As of right now, i know i have two blown tires and probably more damage after i look at in the daytime.

I was going normal speed through the parking lot. The puddle covered the potholes and as i was waiting for a the police to arrive, i saw another 5 people go through it(in trucks) that almost lost control. What is the best way to go about getting the property owners to pay! Its ridiculous that they such big potholes in the middle of the road
[/b]

Same thing happend to me the day after I bought my car, the pot-hole was 2 FEET WIDE!! and I couldnt see the Bottom of it!!

·
Registered
900 Posts
Bad mojo, mon! :goon: Maybe you should be seekin' ridage elsewhere!

Just kidding! Buck-up!!! So, you've had a couple of stumbles early on. What else could go wrong from here on out? :huh: Hmmmm.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
ahhh Sorry Tony!.....Ya...I had my share of Nails in my tires also! (Work Near A construction Site) But I think the BEST and FIRST move you should make IS the CODE ENFORCEMENT......And no, You're not being a dick........who cares what the property owners think of you!.....Hell I'll be pretty steamed myself!....

But Good Luck!
Neal S.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts