Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really love my 2015 Mazda 6 so this was a hard question for me to answer, but my least favorite feature of the car is the unnecessarily wide A-pillar. It's only in very specific situations, but there is a significant loss of visibility because of this design that's for sure.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Power and aftermarket support

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Definitely wanted to say this, because I knew most people would say this.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I agree that the A pillar is seriously in the way rather a lot of the time. I'm surprised how often I've missed seeing another vehicle in this car because of it. I don't experience this in either of our other vehicles.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Built to a budget.... It seems fragile, by way of sheet metal thickness. Also, for sure, paint. And finally I am not very impressed with low-rpm power... but I should quit saying this, and get a tune for 91 octane, plus with T Map.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Built to a budget.... It seems fragile, by way of sheet metal thickness. Also, for sure, paint. And finally I am not very impressed with low-rpm power... but I should quit saying this, and get a tune for 91 octane, plus with T Map.
Paint seems to be a huge complaint and yeah my soul red paint has a multitude of chips. I think because I have the A/T the low-rpm torque isn't an issue, but I still will be doing the 91 tune soon!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Thin paint for me. Between the Jersey Turnpike and Long Island Expressway, two of the most brutal roads for trucks and debris IMO.
Same story here, frequently on those same highways and they have definitely destroyed my bumper and hood with rock chips.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Even if you stick to an 87 octane remap you will still see profound gains. Ticker guy posted dyno sheets on here a while ago and the difference across the rev range, especially at low RPM looked really good.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I really love my 2015 Mazda 6 so this was a hard question for me to answer, but my least favorite feature of the car is the unnecessarily wide A-pillar. It's only in very specific situations, but there is a significant loss of visibility because of this design that's for sure.
-Clear coat on these cars is BAD.
-Stock suspension needs to do a better job with keeping body roll in check
-Stock open differential needs to go

With that being said, my only complaints with the car are nothing major. She feels very well built to me.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
-Clear coat on these cars is BAD.
-Stock suspension needs to do a better job with keeping body roll in check
-Stock open differential needs to go

With that being said, my only complaints with the car are nothing major. She feels very well built to me.

Besides body roll, the stock suspension definitely works really well IMO.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I just solve this problem by staying above 2k RPMs whenever possible lol

My biggest gripe with this car (2014 MTX) is how hard it is to drive smoothly in heavy traffic. If I'm at 1k RPM crawling along in 1st gear, I find this car almost IMPOSSIBLE to keep from lurching. I wish they had reduced throttle sensitivity or something down in that range because the slightest twitch of your foot and the boat starts a-rockin!

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
I just solve this problem by staying above 2k RPMs whenever possible lol

My biggest gripe with this car (2014 MTX) is how hard it is to drive smoothly in heavy traffic. If I'm at 1k RPM crawling along in 1st gear, I find this car almost IMPOSSIBLE to keep from lurching. I wish they had reduced throttle sensitivity or something down in that range because the slightest twitch of your foot and the boat starts a-rockin!
That's the DMF you're running into..... common issue with DMF-equipped MTX vehicles.

·
Registered
72 Posts
What's the DMF? My auto does that too when I have it in the manual mode. Is there a fix?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
I dont have the auto but I dont think it has a Dual Mass Flywheel (DMF). Its like a two-part flywheel with springs connecting them together. I think the purpose is to help absorb drivetrain vibration, but I find it to be pretty annoying in this application. I should drive one of the 2019 MX-5's and see if they suffer the same issue since they too have DMF's now.

If I were you I'd just leave the car in auto-mode when in heavy traffic.

·
Registered
671 Posts
... I should drive one of the 2019 MX-5's and see if they suffer the same issue since they too have DMF's now.
Having driven it, it drives nicely. Can't say it suffers from rubber-banding in 1st.

On my 6 - flowing with traffic at a walking pace or just above, with clutch fully engaged (i.e. pedal out), it does take a concerted effort to be smooth, yes... but i have driven a lot worse in that respect.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts