Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've been assigned the task to find out why is there a increase of vibration when my 2007 Mazda 6 V-6 automatic is engaged on drive. I was thinking idle may have been the issue but I found out there no adjustment for idle on this car, I started checking out the engine mounts and found that the right front top engine mount may be cracked or worn out, any guess how to make sure that this is the root caused? I've attached a couple of pics to further help.

·
Rally Racer
2004 Mazda 6s Wagon ATX
3,837 Posts
I can't tell from that picture the state of that mount. There is a center pullar that hold the motor up within that mount and when it tears you can see the motor bracket sitting on the outer portion of the mount donught.
In my experience the bulk of engine movement (especially when engaging the drivetrain) comes from the lower "dog bone" mount.
I have replaced all my 2004 v6 mounts with good results. The lower and passenger can be aftermarket but the transmission mount needs to be OEM. The lower mount only seems to last me around 2 years before tearing but can be reinforced before that happens by fillong the gaps with some silicone RTV.

·
Registered
116 Posts
It’s hard to tell from those pics, another way to check is by turning your wheel so you have a clear view from the underside and compare your clearance between the frame and your cv boot/axle. When my pass side mount was toast my cv ended up making contact with the frame. The new mount gave substantially more clearance.

·
Registered
116 Posts
As per the above post it’s good info, check your dog bone mount. You can test your mounts for play by opening the hood, watch the top of the engine and engage from park to drive, reverse, etc looking for the amount of movement. If you get a lot of forward/backward rocking while engaging reverse its most likely the dog bone. I’ve had to replace all but my driver side mount since I purchased the car last year, and that one is soon to come. You can check rockauto.com for replacements and good prices. You can get all 3 for a discount I believe.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts