Mazda 6 Forums banner

281 - 296 of 296 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #281
Excellent!!

For those looking for plug and play straight from the Vendor, welp finally it's here..

Blacked out version and with Sport/Touring connector.. And Cheaper!! Drawback? Not HID.. Uses H7 for low beam and H3 for High beam.

Specification:​

• Built in White LED C Bar for parking lights
  • Amber LED for turn signal
  • These headlights use H7 for low beam and H3 for Hi beam - Bulbs included
  • Plug and play, no modification is needed
  • D.O.T. Compliant To FMVSS No.108
  • Tested In Simulated Rain/Humidity/Shock
  • Designed Using CAD/CAM Equipment
  • Come in a Pair (Left + Right)
  • Made from Eagle Eyes Taiwan

This FIND is a testament of what "Community" is all about! Thanks! I have these on my short list now (maybe 2017).

·
Registered
704 Posts
Instead of starting a whole new thread, I'll just ask this here:

Has anybody seen these?

12v/35w H7/d2h Hid New Mazda 6 Atenza Led Head Lights Hid Bi- Xenon 3.0 Inch - Buy Mazda 6 Atenza,Led Head Light,New Mazda 6 Atenza Led Head Light Product on Alibaba.com

Or am I late to the party?

And how the heck are the low/high beams differentiated?
In a bi xenon projector, there is a shutter or shield that masks part of the light of the low beam( your cutoff) . When you hit the high beams, a solenoid activates the shutter opening up and letting all of the uncontrolled beam through creating your highs.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
488 Posts
OH I had an inkling that that's what that was. That's kinda really cool as I've always wanted something like that for our cars. I always think back to that every time I hit my highs and the amber bulb contrasts my HID whites. I'm guessing the female plug on the headlight side for the high beam controls the little shutter?

I might have to plunk down for this. It was between this... or new wheels... and I kinda like my wheels as it is. That and my OEM headlamps are fading pretty badly.

Thanks for clearing that up!

·
Registered
54 Posts
So my passenger headlight LED no longer turn on. Happened 2 days before the 1 year warranty was up. I contacted the seller on AliExpress and they took 26 days to get back to me. Now they claim they can't honor the warranty because it's been over a year. So I told them I have proof that I contacted them before the warranty ended. Also contacted AliExpress chat service and they said they'd contact the seller to solve this fairly. I'm not getting my hopes up as far as getting a refund/replacement goes. But just wanted to give you guys a heads up/curious if anyone else's started misbehaving. Cheers!

·
Registered
733 Posts
So my passenger headlight LED no longer turn on. Happened 2 days before the 1 year warranty was up. I contacted the seller on AliExpress and they took 26 days to get back to me. Now they claim they can't honor the warranty because it's been over a year. So I told them I have proof that I contacted them before the warranty ended. Also contacted AliExpress chat service and they said they'd contact the seller to solve this fairly. I'm not getting my hopes up as far as getting a refund/replacement goes. But just wanted to give you guys a heads up/curious if anyone else's started misbehaving. Cheers!
Could be the bulbs are dead, you can easily replace them D2H, or the ballast died.. One of the things I did when I brought these headlamps was to buy an extra set of ballasts and bulbs just for this reason, not knowing how long these Chinese lights will last. Mines I got back in April 2015, no issues yet.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Installed the Sport, plug and play model of these headlights and had my gf time me: 3 hours and 2 minutes lol (prep, install and cleanup).

Yes, I know that’s terrible but in my defense, it was my first time taking off the bumper by myself like a big boy. I also wanted to transfer my HIDs from the previous model (the HID versions of these) which also used H7s for low beam.

They came in a box that had 2 boxes: one with each headlight assembly packed tightly and securely. Ordered them Sunday 2/26 and they got to DC Friday 3/3 by UPS ground. Because if the drama/poor quality I got with AliExpress, I got the 2-year insurance just in case. It's through EBay so I'm hoping this is all more legit.

Verdict: they are absolutely plug and play. No rewiring needed at all if you’re going to stick with halogen bulbs. The LEDs/DRLs/Eagle Eyes-whatever you want to call them- are pre-wired to be your parking lights/side markers. This is in my opinion, the best way to go with these headlights. I also took out the 15A fuse which activates the factory high beam-DRLs when in drive (fuse #51 in engine bay).

I drove about 30 minutes tonight and the cutoff was a little low. But @Liquix gave me some great advice on how to adjust.

@james92se The little boxes with red double-sided tape are still a mystery to me but I didn’t mess with them. I just mounted them against the inside of the wheel well so that they don’t bounce around. If you have a Sport or Touring model, I’d just ignore it.

Differences: the squares/cubes where the actual bulbs sit are now black instead of chrome. There’s a stylish orange plastic marker that is clear on the HID model.

As always, big s/o to @Liquix for his guidance and teaching me how to do all this stuff.

Despite watching him take off my bumper 3 times now, I had to use the workshop manual to make sure I didn’t mess anything up. Haven’t seen this on the forum but I hope it helps someone who wants to do this. If you live in the DC area, I’m more than happy to help you out.

Attachments

·
Registered
119 Posts
@james92se The little boxes with red double-sided tape are still a mystery to me but I didn’t mess with them. I just mounted them against the inside of the wheel well so that they don’t bounce around. If you have a Sport or Touring model, I’d just ignore it.
Maybe I didn't mention it in this thread specifically but I know I said it in one of threads (maybe just my own) - the little boxes are timers for the blinkers. Without the little boxes your blinkers flash really fast as if you've got a burned out bulb.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Quick update: my 6000k 55W Kensun HIDs started bugging (randomly turning on and off on each sides). They sent me a new kit for free and I asked for 8000k because it always bothered me how the 6000k contrasted a bit too much from the DRLs on these headlights. I know 8000k is a big no no for many people (and right fully so: definitely less light output that 6000k) but I just love how closely they match the hue of the DRLs. If like me that matters to you, get the Kensun 8000k 55w kit.

Cheers.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Installed the Sport, plug and play model of these headlights and had my gf time me: 3 hours and 2 minutes lol (prep, install and cleanup).

Yes, I know that’s terrible but in my defense, it was my first time taking off the bumper by myself like a big boy. I also wanted to transfer my HIDs from the previous model (the HID versions of these) which also used H7s for low beam.

They came in a box that had 2 boxes: one with each headlight assembly packed tightly and securely. Ordered them Sunday 2/26 and they got to DC Friday 3/3 by UPS ground. Because if the drama/poor quality I got with AliExpress, I got the 2-year insurance just in case. It's through EBay so I'm hoping this is all more legit.

Verdict: they are absolutely plug and play. No rewiring needed at all if you’re going to stick with halogen bulbs. The LEDs/DRLs/Eagle Eyes-whatever you want to call them- are pre-wired to be your parking lights/side markers. This is in my opinion, the best way to go with these headlights. I also took out the 15A fuse which activates the factory high beam-DRLs when in drive (fuse #51 in engine bay).

I drove about 30 minutes tonight and the cutoff was a little low. But @Liquix gave me some great advice on how to adjust.

Differences: the squares/cubes where the actual bulbs sit are now black instead of chrome. There’s a stylish orange plastic marker that is clear on the HID model.

As always, big s/o to @Liquix for his guidance and teaching me how to do all this stuff.

Despite watching him take off my bumper 3 times now, I had to use the workshop manual to make sure I didn’t mess anything up. Haven’t seen this on the forum but I hope it helps someone who wants to do this. If you live in the DC area, I’m more than happy to help you out.

wow. i love these headlights AND taillights. where did you get these two? i can’t find them for a 6 anywhere online.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
54 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
So I just purchased the plug and play Halogen version. Correct me if im wrong but if the headlights are off, the factory location DRL will be on (ill be unplugging the fuse anyways), if the parking lights are on, then the LED's will be on? My questions is, if the headlights are in the normal On position, will the LED's stay on too or will I have to rewire? Also, is wiring the LED's to make them always on a bad idea?

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #295
So I just purchased the plug and play Halogen version. Correct me if im wrong but if the headlights are off, the factory location DRL will be on (ill be unplugging the fuse anyways), if the parking lights are on, then the LED's will be on? My questions is, if the headlights are in the normal On position, will the LED's stay on too or will I have to rewire? Also, is wiring the LED's to make them always on a bad idea?
The LEDs stay on as soon as you move it to the 1st position from Off. The bad news is that I was never able to get these for my 1st car (in spite of me finding them in the 1st place), however, the Good News is I did get these for my replacement vehicle!

·
Registered
9 Posts
The LEDs stay on as soon as you move it to the 1st position from Off. The bad news is that I was never able to get these for my 1st car (in spite of me finding them in the 1st place), however, the Good News is I did get these for my replacement vehicle! View attachment 238447
They look great! I really wish there was a way to have them on when the lights are in the full on position though

281 - 296 of 296 Posts