Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I may be working on it, it all depends if my parents have enough room in the garage for me to pull the car in. The car is being on in ORANGE COUNTY, not San Diego :D I want to get the fluids all drained and starting unhooks all the wiring, labelling it all so I know where it all goes back and getting the engine ready to be pulled. If I have the engine hoist/stand this weekend I may even pull the block. if anyone wants to stop by and lend a hand, post up here and let me know. It'll be a fun learning experience for those of us that have never dismantled and engine before.

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
i would love to do this but im back in LA for the weekend. good luck with it.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
You need to work on it 12/7-8. I'll be in SD/LA those days.

·
Premium Member
7,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You need to work on it 12/7-8. I'll be in SD/LA those days.
[/b]
No can do, those are weekdays and I'll be at work. If you are here that weekend I might be able to oblige :)

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Oops. We'll be there the 9th & part of the 10th too. Basically headed out there Thursday. Headed to LA for the Auto Show on Friday. Doing nothing Saturday, and headed back Sunday. At least thats tentative plans. As it looks right now, we'll be staying with Matt, so you'll know where to find me.

·
Premium Member
7,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i would love to do this but im back in LA for the weekend. good luck with it.
[/b]
Uh, if you're in LA, you're even closer to the OC to come help out... duh! :p

Oops. We'll be there the 9th & part of the 10th too. Basically headed out there Thursday. Headed to LA for the Auto Show on Friday. Doing nothing Saturday, and headed back Sunday. At least thats tentative plans. As it looks right now, we'll be staying with Matt, so you'll know where to find me.
[/b]
I'm not sure what I have going that weekend, but if I'm free I'll probably be working on the car, so that could work out. :D

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Cool. I'll keep that in mind. Would be nice to be able to get out and meet some of you. Hell, I've only been talkin to ya on here for a two years. :p

·
Premium Member
7,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Probably all day, start between 9-10, probably closer to 10 because I'm just lazy like that. I'll likely have some beer available for those of age :)

And Sabrina, its always nice to meet other club members so I hope you can make it, but how come you've never come with us to Vegas?!? :p

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
I've never come with you to Vegas cuz... cuz... well, I don't have a reason. Mostly, just never got out of work to do so. Hell, I've never even been to Vegas, period. Much less with you guys. Lol! But the boy and I have plans to go soon.

·
Registered
185 Posts
this weekend i am going back to LA too, but keep us posted on other weekends that you might work on your car and i hope i can come over to help out a bit. I have some tools too if you would like to borrow them like air gun, jack stand and other stuff.

·
Premium Member
7,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Cokonut, the car isn't in San Diego, is in the OC at my parents house. I have no garage down here so it has to be up there while its being wokred on.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
SO... when is all of this goin on? I did a B20b swap in my 97 civic few years ago... So i have "some" exp... and I love working on / with autos... Sounds like you're doing it the 11th.. which is this commin weekend... I won't be down in the area till the 17th at the earliest... If you plan on doing it.. and having it all done before then... I'll be missing out...

I "could" have gone done this comming weekend to stay with my friends... however I'm installing a DP on my speed6 this weekend... I hope =)

·
Premium Member
7,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well it looks like I have a few guys from the 323 forums coming to help me pull the engine, so I prbably can't hold many more. Plus they said that we'll have it out in a matter of a coule of hours, starting around 12. If you still want to come by let me know, I just don't want to put my parents out by invading their house with a bunch of people.

The rebuild process will be much longer han the tear down will be I'm willing to bet, so if you can't get in on the destruction part of the project, you'll be more than welcome to come lend a hand put it all back together :)

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
ill stop by for a few hours or so. PM me your info.

·
Premium Member
7,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm told it will take a mere couple of hours to pull the engine, so I would expect to be done around about 2 pm just so everyone knows.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts