Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, they offered me the deal I said I'd do with trading in the GTI. Now, I've read about rattles and squeaks and stalling complaints. My GTI is full of rattles and buzzes. I hope this one doesn't, but let's be real. The screwed up part is I'm a Chrysler/Jeep service advisor and I hardly ever get rattle and squeak complaints. Go figure. Amazingly enough, I'm not losing big money to trade and I'm getting the deal on the car. I did the numbers on a white one with all weather mats, compass mirror, net, and wheel locks. Sport BTW. I can get the silver one for about $230 less. I'm thinking the white is the bomb. I haven't signed the papers yet, any ideas? I don't think there is anymore room for negotiation as they gave me the "Your in the business" deal. And I showed them the ad from THE dealer in Atlanta. Any input welcome.

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
Does the silver one have all the options you want?

If that's the case Go for It !!! ^_^, If not...go where your heart leads you. When in the market ALWAYS get what you want even if it will cost you $700 more. Down the line you'll be happier.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Amortize the $230 over the entire term period....if you want white, get white.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I'm happy with the car, no squeak, no rattle and no stalling. The best way to find out is to test drive one your self.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
I have no rattles or squakes or anything in mine.... UNLESS i'm running my two 12's at full crazyness... in which case I have some rattle but i've fixed most of them...

And considering i'm running 800 watts or so on them... thats saying a lot (about having no rattles)...

My car has never EVER stalled unless i let the clutch out too soon w/o enough gas or something... just like ANY manual... you can stall it if you mess up... Also it is a tight clutch with quick enguagement so... its easier to mess up with...

Keep in mind.. I have CAI, Downpipe, BOV, TWO 12 subs... replaced the 4 door speakers with new better speakers.. replaced the tweeters... upgraded the alarm put LED's in the doors for the upgraded alarm... bla bla bla... AND... on top of all that... car still rides and feels like a solid nice 25-30 thousand dollar car... ANY car company produces bad cars... 250,000 dollar Lambos are built like shit... watch top gear or something and they trash allover those SUPER cars... hell they even say thats part of the fun... knowing you're faster than anyone.. but could fall apart at any minute =)

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea, I remember hearing this year about the guy who has the Bugatti lemon. White is my ticket. Hope this all works out..... How much diff did you notice with the CAI and DP? Thanks guys... Edit- I did drive it. I had no problem with the clutch. It felt like a strong pressure plate should, which my GTI doesn't have. I had a Spec st3 in my 99 Z28 and it never bothered me. Now a 03-up Mustang Cobra is a different story.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
I haven't had any rattles, shakes or buzzes in mine yet. And for as little as $230, get the color you want. You'll be keeping this car for a while, you don't want to think back and say "I shoulda paid that couple hundred to get the other color."

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Get the white one! BTW, no rattles, creeks or buzzes for me either. I just hear the wind rushing by.

·
Registered
429 Posts
I have one rattle, but no other problems at all and I'm at 16,000+ miles. The white is beautiful, do it, the car is a dream for what it is selling at.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yea, trust me, I know. I got a bonified crazy end of the month deal, finally. Going tomorrow at lunch. Should I have them do the reflash right away or drive it a few weeks?

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
I've yet to see a problem with my car, no squeaks or weird noises...stalling I have had..but I think that was more user error than anything. You'll love the car, and the white is a hot color!

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
As I pulled it off the lot for the test drive, I thought "Wow, a real clutch for once". I had no problem driving it smoothly right away. Someone hear made the point it's heavy which is better controlled with knee movement not ankle. For fast shifts you'd do a leg punch type shift. I never claim close to beating on it with my old saleslady friend aboard. I was more concerned about the ride, which as I expected is better than my GTI due to the wheelbase. I bet with regular M6 wheels on 17's it would drive great.

·
Registered
429 Posts
I would be surprised if the car wasn't already reflashed since Mazda released it as an emissions required reflash. I had mine flashed months back and I really haven't noticed any difference. No power problems before or after.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My service advisor buddy there said they reinspected it (it expires in Jan!!) and he checked as per my phone call and they hadn't done the recall and are doing it now. They also put a new battery in it as it was shot from sitting so long.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts