Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, a few days ago, Gremlyn and I heard some squeeking coming from my engine bay. During Idle it was there, but under load it was not. The next day I drove up to Mr Tea's house to do the brakes and the coilovers and we attribuited it to being a serpentine belt. The day after, my car went to the dealer to determine a definate cause of the squeek. So, about 4 hours after I dropped it off, I was called by the dealer to inform me that they had pulled the engine/tranny. 2 days later, yesterday, another call to let me know that they replaced the whole transmission. I am not sure EXACTLY what was wrong with the old one, but I will keep the thread updated when I pickup the car.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
woah that sucks dabears...under warranty?

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Im glad u got warranty, you think my tranny has a problem if everytime i shift into 5th from manual mode it has like a jump, like its trying hard to get into gear??

I thought I read somewhere on here that our car's tranny was built pretty good as well....

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
yeah FWD automatic trannys are always troublesome things, if you ever see the inside of one it would blow your mind...way more complex then even jet engines. Lots of stuff to break. Though I don;t know what would have caused a squeeking sound, when i hear squeeking i think plastic (belts, pullys, pumps, etc.) anyway good luck and keep us updated

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Stopped by the dealer this afternoon to pick up my parking pass from my car. Got to talk to the master tech working on my car (he was VERY impressed by the modifications) and snap a few pics of the car...

ETA of completion is tuesday of next week.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Perfect time to slip in a nice set of headers... or ask them to put a 2.3L DIZI engine back into the bay instead

·
Registered
531 Posts
Perfect time to slip in a nice set of headers... or ask them to put a 2.3L DIZI engine back into the bay instead
[/b]
When they tell him the price his head will get 'dizi'.

I take it, this is the Aisin 6-speed tranny?

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
When they tell him the price his head will get 'dizi'.
I take it, this is the Aisin 6-speed tranny?
[/b]
no, jatco. I have an 04

·
Registered
531 Posts
no, jatco. I have an 04
[/b]
That's really weird, unless the torque converter went out. Did you feel a loss of power at all? Hopefully you can find out more info.

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That's really weird, unless the toque converter went out. Did you feel a loss of power at all? Hopefully you can find out more info.
[/b]
Broke some plate in the torque converter, which caused a piece in the actual tranny to fail and I had a bad set of seals on the tranny. Mazda just decided to swap the whole shebang

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Broke some plate in the torque converter, which caused a piece in the actual tranny to fail and I had a bad set of seals on the tranny. Mazda just decided to swap the whole shebang
[/b]
Well that my friend is something that is priceless....sounds like your gonna end up having a brand new car!! New tranny=new car almost!

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
how the hell does something in the Tq converter brake at 15k???? I take it you were running a trans cooler and filter as well. God I know the 5sp atx sucks but still it shoudl not blow at 15k

·
Registered
531 Posts
It isn't unusual for some trannies to have manufacturing faults.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts