Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
Nice, now to paint the calipers. Keep up the good work.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Very nice...Wish I had some extra cash to do this! Paint the calipers black...you won't regret it! :D

·
Registered
544 Posts
looks good.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Indeed , your ride now rocks ... on rocks too heheh ... interesting shape on the branches ; sublte since black they show like regular 5-branch from afar but upclose you get a bonus surprise .
The black with chrome ring marries well as it does with the Blazing Copper as we often see ... heck it's the only wise choice ... I like the studs too .... now for your calipers you have three choices in color (well actually 4 if you count rust haha) 1) Blz Copper , 2) Black (but your wheels won't like it) , 3) best for last : Silver !!! (to give it that balance to your chrome rings) and you can always get them stickered in Black with Clear spray over them ! :yesnod: If you look from afar at your calipers the way they are now ; you can get a very good idea how they'll look in Silver .... but in a waaay better shade of shine ;)

Check out my STICKY it'll show you how easy it is to do + you'll need to do these discs of yours in black , as well shown in the Sticky .
Maybe darker tints if you can would make it look killer

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Indeed , your ride now rocks ... on rocks too heheh ... interesting shape on the branches ; sublte since black they show like regular 5-branch from afar but upclose you get a bonus surprise .
The black with chrome ring marries well as it does with the Blazing Copper as we often see ... heck it's the only wise choice ... I like the studs too .... now for your calipers you have three choices in color (well actually 4 if you count rust haha) 1) Blz Copper , 2) Black (but your wheels won't like it) , 3) best for last : Silver !!! (to give it that balance to your chrome rings) and you can always get them stickered in Black with Clear spray over them ! :yesnod: If you look from afar at your calipers the way they are now ; you can get a very good idea how they'll look in Silver .... but in a waaay better shade of shine ;)

Check out my STICKY it'll show you how easy it is to do + you'll need to do these discs of yours in black , as well shown in the Sticky .
Maybe darker tints if you can would make it look killer
[/b]
thanks :) do they make a blazing copper color in caliper paint?? i came across an orange one and was thinking about that or maybe gold.... want to do something different as opposed to the normal black & red everyone does....

i am going with some new rotors and pads in the spring...

yeah, tint is 50% up here, dont want any problems... i do wish i went 40% though...

the black, chrome lip, and copper is one sweet combo!! that's next for u?
[/b]
thanks for the compliments... but not sure exactly what your question was....

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Congrats on the new wheels, looks really good.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
I wouldnt go with orange, For best results id say stay away from that kind of color unless you can find one to match your paint exzactly. Maybe go with black and put some orange stickers on or something.

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
thanks :) do they make a blazing copper color in caliper paint?? i came across an orange one and was thinking about that or maybe gold.... want to do something different as opposed to the normal black & red everyone does....

i am going with some new rotors and pads in the spring...

yeah, tint is 50% up here, dont want any problems... i do wish i went 40% though...
thanks for the compliments... but not sure exactly what your question was....
[/b]

Gold is an option as well.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
IMO I'd stay away from gold ... too much in the same family of colors as orange/copper .... you need to clash like the rest of the color theme of your car girl !
SILVER would be THE best option ... unless you can match the body color ... try specialized paint shops with heat-proof paint .... or just try with a pint of regular body paint see if it holds ... your link for the caliper paint seems close to your color and could satisfy as well and shouldn't show too much difference since you have the black and chrome on your mags to separate distance-wise from your body color .... trial & error will tell ... but try to find out through paint/bodyshops if you absolutely want Copper match ... otherwise SILVER ;) ... WITH BLACK STICKERS OVER

·
Registered
2017 MZ6 GT Jet Black Mica
3,575 Posts
yepp, just dont know what color yet....
[/b]
Same here.

Nice wheels, congrats Tabitha!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts