Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just found out my loan is approved for my '06 Speed6. Black Cherry Mica GT w/moonroof. Since someone will ask, it was $24,900 plus TTL. I have been shopping around for about a month, couldn't find the one I wanted at any of the dealers that were going real cheap. I'm happy though, consider it a good deal. Will be picking it up this week once I get the papers/check from my credit union. Never one to leave well enough alone, I have already bought two upgrades for it. Not going to go whole-hog on the mods (I figure it has enough power to get me into trouble as it is!), will at least get some springs to lower it some. Guess this means I am done with doing stuff to my Pro.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Congrats man! :thumbup:

One of the biggest highs I've ever had in my life is when I was waiting for my sales guy to run my credit and call me back (worst 30 minutes I've had in a long time - I thought I had bad credit). I get a call and he says, "What time are you coming to pick it up?"

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. I am old enough to drive safely, but not so old that I drive like a granny. I am a confirmed Mazdaholic, started down the road with my '81 RX-7 (which I still have) and am now to this point. I will still be keeping my '03 Pro ES, too much time and effort into it to sell. My gf and I were looking at an RX-8 (for her) but decided that we cannot justify it at this time (long story, has to do with her kids and mine). I showed her the Speed3 and she decided that was her (her first response was "that's cute". I shuddered), I pointed out that for the same price we could get more car (basically selfish on my part) but she agreed. If all goes well the Speed3 will be hers this time next year.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
welcome to the club

welcome to the wonderful world of the speed6. Its like sex and boost mixed together in one luxurious scenario. Have fun
[/b]

this is kind of off topic

MazdaSpeed6 i take it you are vipersr10 from superhonda?
just puting 2 and 2 together from your sig :)

·
Registered
402 Posts
welcome to the club
this is kind of off topic

MazdaSpeed6 i take it you are vipersr10 from superhonda?
just puting 2 and 2 together from your sig :)
[/b]
haha yes indeed. You have found me my long lost brother. Yea I was always on that forum and still am. I owwned a Supercharged Gsr once but sold it. But yep its me.

Here are some pics (she is missed)

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
well i go by the same name over there but you have guessed that by now :D

wow sometimes the net can be a small place. do you still have a honda of just an attachment to the forms?

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Just found out my loan is approved for my '06 Speed6. Black Cherry Mica GT w/moonroof. Since someone will ask, it was $24,900 plus TTL. I have been shopping around for about a month, couldn't find the one I wanted at any of the dealers that were going real cheap. I'm happy though, consider it a good deal. Will be picking it up this week once I get the papers/check from my credit union. Never one to leave well enough alone, I have already bought two upgrades for it. Not going to go whole-hog on the mods (I figure it has enough power to get me into trouble as it is!), will at least get some springs to lower it some. Guess this means I am done with doing stuff to my Pro.
[/b]
Wow. That's a great price, and on a GT to boot. That's like $8,000 off of MSRP. Did they get it this low thru rebates? If not, the dealer must be selling this car at a loss. How much did you have to haggle?

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wow. That's a great price, and on a GT to boot. That's like $8,000 off of MSRP. Did they get it this low thru rebates? If not, the dealer must be selling this car at a loss. How much did you have to haggle?
[/b]
It was a combination of Mazda cash and dealer price drop. I could have saved another $1000 if I went with MAC financing but I didn't feel like messing with a refi. I was in contact with this dealer for a couple of weeks straight via e-mail, they ended up a little above this price but at that time I didn't want to go with that sort of payment. After doing more research into different dealers in different states, the only one I found cheaper was Jim Ellis Mazda in GA, they had the car for $22,008 but not in the color I wanted (yes, I am that particular). So after all that I got back in touch with the local guy, made the observation they still had the car and basically told him while I was still interested in it I was in no hurry to buy and could wait till the end of the year. He came back and took a little more off, enough that I was happy I was getting the best I could out of him. I gave them $1000 deposit, will be financing $25,930 OTD. Gonna be a little bit larger monthly payment than I had initially calculated, but my other car will be paid off shortly so it won't be so bad.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts