Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dad took me out to test drive the 6 today... we went in planning to get the 6i GT. We looked around with a salesman, wanted a test drive. Since we mentioned even once that we may look at the V6, he refused to let us test drive the 4-banger. Gladly, we were handed the keys to a 6s GT! Now we plan to purchase one in redfire metallic, black leather, wing spoiler in a matter of months! Its not going to be my car, its going to be my parents... I get the ol' 2000 camry. Whatever, I know ill end up driving it more than them.

I have one question though...

The sticker for the model we want is 29,000. How low can we get it? Through triple A, we can request a car and trim and options, and they will go to every dealer until they find the one we want for our asking price. Whats a reasonable price? For end of the year, last few days of the month, is 22,000-23,000 reasonable? The dealer offered to sell for only 200$ above invoice, but thats still too much. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Was the $200 above invoice for an '06 or '07? If it's an '07, then that would be a pretty good deal. Check out the mazdausa.com site for any rebates that may be going on in your area. An '06 can probably be had for at least $1000 under invoice BEFORE rebates if you buy it in December.

Good luck! Glad you (and your parents) liked the 6!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They kept quoting us for the 2007s, and I told my dad the 2006 is the same except paint colors are different, and so I requested for the salesman to give us the price on 2006s... and by the next car he was again going "and on our new 2007s..." and im pretty sure the 200$ above invoice is on the 07. Which is why I know we should get the 2006.

Anywhoo, this thread was more for "Why the 6" originally, now I suppose its pricing. ...sigh... make me look like a noob.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
I'm not privy to what's all new on the '07s. After my '05, I really don't care :D

I did a search in my area and they are offering $3500 rebates off of '06 models and $2000 off on '07s. If they said $200 above invoice BEFORE rebates, then that's a great deal on a '07. However, as I mentioned before, you can get an '06 for at least $1000 under invoice BEFORE rebates.

Haggle hard, then wait a few weeks. Also shop at different dealers while you're at it and see what kind of pricing you can expect.

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
Due to all the rebates and everything, I was thinking about trading my car for a 6s Grand Sport 5-door. I have a loaner 6s wagon now and never driven the V6 that extensively until now.

I don't really care for the V6 now only because the heavier engine does affect the handling more than I thought. Fuel consumption is a good 10% more as well. The added power is great though.

I think I will just stick with my 6i for now.

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
I love the power right out of the box of my V6.
Also if you have any other Mazda dealerships in the area I might think of checking them out. Your particular salesman sounds like a complete tool. He is there to work for you not the other way around. He is pushed to sell certain items but shit in the end it is what you want IMO.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We arent buying direct. We are going through AAA as said earlier. We just tell them the price and features and they get it for us because they know the fleet prices.

They were quoting us on 07s... and we may take that route. This car must last 6 years, I surely hope it will do well. We did, again, decide on the fully loaded GT V6.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts