Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been lurking around here for a coupe of weeks now gthering onformation about the 6. I thought I'd introduce myself now since I'm a soon-to-be owner.

My plan was to buy a 6S sometime around June/July. However, I recetly found out that I'll be moving from Pennsylvania to Kentucky in a few weeks, so I accelerated my time table be a few months. I pretty much new what I wanted (Redfire, V6, auto, moonroof, comfort, black leather, sport, side airbags); but I was unsure about the BOSE stereo. I went to a local dealership to compare the 2 and I decided that, to me, the BOSE sounded worse than stock, so I decided against getting it. I asked the dealer to find my car for me.

I got a pretty good deal on the car. For all the above options, the MSRP came to $25,610. I am eligible for the S-Plan and the $500 college grad rebate, so my price was $23,024. After 6% sales tax and the tag and title fee, my out the door price will be $24,540.

I got a call yesterday from the dealer and he told me he couldn't find any cars that had the side airbags and NO BOSE. He said Mazda lumped those 2 options together on all the cars. So I told him to get me a car with the airbags and BOSE, figuring I could always replace thestereo later. I guess Mazda's plan worked....they probably figured that people wouldn't turn down airbags because of a stereo, so they threw in the stereo too. I also plan on getting the sport grille and auto dimming mirror later.

I still don't know where the car is located yet (the dealer called me late last night and didn't get a chance to contact the other dealerships for a trade); but I saw some online that are close by. Luckily, my dealer has the exact same car that I want (only it's white, not red) so he should be able to trade fairly easily.

Sorry for the long post, but this is my first car purchase and I'm pretty damn excited to be getting a car this good for so little money. :D

Thanks
Rich

PS, this forum is a great source of information...keep it up.

EDIT: As it turns out, my dealer couln't find anyone to trade with him, so I had to locate a car myself. What a pain in the ass that was....trying to find a loaded 6s with S-plan pricing and low miles. Luckily I found one about 80 miles away with 36 miles on it. It's little more miles than I'd like to see, but I'll take it. Unfortunately it has a front lisence plate holder on it, so I'll have to get some plugs or something for the holes.

EDIT # 2: I'm leaving work early to go get her. Holy shit I can't take it anymore.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Reading Topic: WOO HOO!!!

congrats! now the red is a tite color...but pick up the white! ;) j/k...glad to hear things are working out for you!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Replying to Topic 'WOO HOO!!!'

I just took delivery of my Firered6 Friday and the dealer is changing out the beige cloth to black leather today and putting in a moonroof. I put a hundred miles on it this weekend and it's the best handling car I've ever owned. Love It!:)

·
Registered
212 Posts

Congrats and welcome! I think you'll come to like the Bose - it's quite good, actually, unless you're a real, true, bona-fide audiophile :D I'm half deaf myself so it sounds good to me :)

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Thanks guys.

As far as the BOSE goes (hey, that rhymes); I just thought it was a little muddier than the stock, certainly not worth the extra $600+. But I guess $500 of that is for the 6 disc changer, so it's not too bad.

·
Registered
878 Posts

Originally posted by PSU F4i

Thanks guys.  

As far as the BOSE goes (hey, that rhymes); I just thought it was a little muddier than the stock, certainly not worth the extra $600+.  But I guess $500 of that is for the 6 disc changer, so it's not too bad.[/b]
I think once you spend the time to fine tune the bose, you'll find it very nice.
Welcome to the club :D Don't forget the pics :p

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Originally posted by kyler13

Are you a penn stater as well? :)[/b]
Yes I am. The F4i in my screenename is the kind of motorcycle I ride....a 2001 Honda CBR 600F4i.

Don't forget the pics[/b]
Don't hold your breath guys...I still have a 35mm camera. That means I have to wait for the roll to get "developed" and "scanned"...not just uploaded;) It's probably time that I step into the 1990's and get a digital camera. Maybe the new car will justify one:)

·
Registered
315 Posts

I still like 35mm. You have to spend quite a bit of cash to get an equivalent digital, though they are coming waaaay down in price. Just take 35mm picts. and scan them.
As for digital web stuff you can get a cheap digital that will do just fine as the resolution isn't high for web postings.

I'm with you, the Bose isn't all that. It isn't bad though. As you said, most of the cost is for the head unit and the other Bose items are under $200. I heard that the Bose setup does have the
necessary line outputs so that a new amp can be connected. I haven't heard that the non Bose head unit has those outputs. So, in terms of upgrading, the Bose is fine.
I'm keeping the HU as I like the multiple in dash utility, but I'm upgrading the amps, speakers, and a new sub.

Congrats on the car. :)

Tome

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Replying to Topic 'WOO HOO!!! UPDATED'

Originally posted by M-006

I still like 35mm.   You have to spend quite a bit of cash to get an equivalent digital, though they are coming waaaay down in price.   Just take 35mm picts. and scan them.
As for digital web stuff you can get a cheap digital that will do just fine as the resolution isn't high for web postings.

Tome[/b]

You need to spend at least $5,000 on a digital camera if you want to rival 35mm. The last generation was about equal to a 35mm, two stops underexposed. The latest generation, DS-1d etc, are about equal. Cannon's new flagship is 8 grand, but is one hell of a camera, it comes highly reccomended, if you've got the cash.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

Hey Hey....Easy now. :D

I didn't get home until late last night. The dealership was 4 hours round trip and then I had to do the obligatory "Victory Lap" and show all my friends/family. My father snapped some digital pics while I was signing the paper work. I should have them by this afternoon.

They're not going to be that great since the digital camera he "borrowed" from work is 5-6 years old and the dealership had their front lisence plate on it

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

My pics are now posted. My Redfire 6S

I have the sport grille on order (due Monday) and I'm going to get the windows tinted once I get a lisence plate since my temp plate is in the back window.

·
Registered
231 Posts

Originally posted by PSU F4i

My pics are now posted.  My Redfire 6S

I have the sport grille on order (due Monday) and I'm going to get the windows tinted once I get a lisence plate since my temp plate is in the back window.[/b]
nice! can someone show me what the sport grille looks like?

nick

1 - 20 of 32 Posts