Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to Mazda and they said that they dont sell the navigation system if it wasnt an option on your car to begin with. So in other words we are assed out if we want to add the OEM navigation. The reason I want it is because I am against anything hanging off of my windshield. Call my stupid if you want but I just dont like it for my personally.

So if anyone knows where I can get one from or anyone is interested in selling theirs let me know a price and I will take into consideration!

Thanks all!

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
I went to Mazda and they said that they dont sell the navigation system if it wasnt an option on your car to begin with. So in other words we are assed out if we want to add the OEM navigation. The reason I want it is because I am against anything hanging off of my windshield. Call my stupid if you want but I just dont like it for my personally.

So if anyone knows where I can get one from or anyone is interested in selling theirs let me know a price and I will take into consideration!

Thanks all![/b]
just get an aftermarket system, not a portable. there are plenty of navs that'll fit your 2 DIN opening, flip-out or in-dash.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
just get an aftermarket system, not a portable. there are plenty of navs that'll fit your 2 DIN opening, flip-out or in-dash.[/b]
I have also thought about that, but I would like to keep it looking as stock as possible. I havent yet ruled it out because I do want Navigation, now I dont like the flip out navigations, so I would have to do the Double Dins, however Im not sure what it would end up looking like.

But as far as that goes any suggestions on the type of aftermarket navi unit?

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
See I would prefer the stock navigation, because I like the whole mapbox navi system. However I dont think i want to go through the hastle of the custom install, especially seeing as how I might just trade my car in in about 4 years (deal I have isnt great because I am paying 2 other cars off with my loan) so i dont want to customize it to much, because then it would be a waste. So im not sure because I dont want to alter the dash with an aftermarket because I for one like the way it looks. So if I can find a mapbox navi system that wouldnt be too much of a custom install I would probably do it.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Here is what I have. (I need to get something to fill in the sides so it looks more solid)

BUt I didn't have to alter anything at all to get the screen in my dash...
(well, I had to drill an extremely small hole in the back to run the power cords through

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
Well, the financial side of me would recommend you put the $ for this into paying down your loan. But the other side of me says you should go to a junkyard.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Here is what I have. (I need to get something to fill in the sides so it looks more solid)

BUt I didn't have to alter anything at all to get the screen in my dash...
(well, I had to drill an extremely small hole in the back to run the power cords through

[/b]

I like this... now the screen you have is also navigation? I like your setup, what do you have? what did you invest into it?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.