Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i read few months ago that there is a huge power loss on a V6 when you have the maf customizer and the A/C on.

The owner said his v6 was like a 4 cylinders.

i know, i have been trying to find this thread for almost an hour now, but can,t seem to find it.

i want to buy the cp-e kit, and i have V6. just wanna make sure

thanx!

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I've never experienced such a huge powerless to mistake my V6 for an I4 with the CPE and A/C on. The loss is noticeable yes, but you are still well above stock power levels for sure.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've never experienced such a huge powerless to mistake my V6 for an I4 with the CPE and A/C on. The loss is noticeable yes, but you are still well above stock power levels for sure.
[/b]

do you only have the CAI or the maf customizer also?

i think the problem was with the MAF customizer

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well, i have not found any info about this problem, except the few months old thread that I cant find.

i think his problem is isolated then

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Yeah, I haven't heard anything of it. Its normal for the A/C to use some of the power in stock form, and just the same with the CPE system. It's a great investment, makes the car a lot more fun.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Well, I am running the full CPE system and haven't noticed any of the problems that you mention. Even with an ATX with the A/C on. I'm with channt, it is most likely an isolated case.

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
I was someone who noticed this. I haven't noticed it lately just because I haven't been using the a/c in winter ;)

Basically, before the MAFci I remember the car not losing much power at all with the a/c on, but with the MAFci, the difference between no a/c and a/c is much more noticable.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
with the ac on, i noticed a large difference with my mtx, it was much easier to stall, but that was without the cp-e mafci. i havent put on the mafci yet so i dunno.

i know the ac puts quite a bit of drain on the engine, and it whines when i rev it high with the ac on.

·
Registered
423 Posts
I like to open my moonroof for natural airconditioning and reserve as much power for my engine as possible.

And it's friggin cold here anyways.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I like to open my moonroof for natural airconditioning and reserve as much power for my engine as possible.

And it's friggin cold here anyways.
[/b]

ya... only if i had sunroof...

where do you live? i am sure they winters here are colder! can't beat canadian winters

·
Registered
567 Posts
I notice a slight drain too, but that is in any car you drive with A/C. That compressor takes a lot of power to turn. I could even notice a difference in my 450-WHP drag truck so I'm not surprised at all that I feel it in a 180whp car.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
we'll see what's going on in my case.

I,ll buy the kit in may or june...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
About this Discussion
15 Replies
10 Participants
channt
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing