Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is directed at those who have added an external amp.

I finally broke down and purchased the Turbo2 kit for my 04 Wagon. Now I just went out and bought a Kicker install kit for my amp (4ga wires) and before I jump in there I got a couple of quick questions.
First I will say I HATE running wires, so I am looking for the easiest spot to get through the firewall with the 4ga I have. I know it's pretty cramped on the other side so I would like to know where other people ran the power wire through. Drivers side? Passenger side? Locations(pics would help if you got em)

Second thing, once I get said wire through where did others mount the in-line fuse? I glanced tonite and saw a few spots but it all depndant on where I run the power wire through at.

Well thanks for anything you can offer.

·
Registered
9 Posts
maybe this help you... i take it from a m6 forum that makes the same thing.. and i put my subwoofer in the same way.. just that i did not put an amp, because my bass ist a pre-amp bass. but everything it's equal.

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have 4Ga wire going throug the firewall at the same spot. I used a mesh wire pull sock to fish the wire through the rubber grommet in the firewall. You can get at Home Depot and save a LOT of time fishing that fat wire.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts