Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was running an XM antenna line through the main wiring harness break in the firewall and must have cut one or two of the lines in the gel passthrough. My "Auto" mode no longer works on either front window and I can not raise or lower the passenger window from the driver side controls. I'm wondering if anyone has a guide to the wiring in this harness to save me some time. I'm hoping to just cut what i hope to be one or two wires and extend to new lines through the firewall where I can solder them back together. The only wires I came close to are green in color. Another thought was that somehow pulling the battery disabled some function in the computer (seems less likely)

Thanks in advance for any help!
Eric

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
if you have a 2006, then removing the battery forces you to re-program the windows.

Guess it is time for you to actually read the manual... ;)

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Or, I will be NICE and tell you all you should have to do is roll them down and when you roll them back up hold the button for 2 seconds. Scared me too.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks all... Never even thought to read the manual on this one - could not think of a reason why the battery would have anything to do with the window options. Oh well - that'll teach me (I'm usually first to read the book). Thanks again - it worked!

BigRic

1 - 4 of 4 Posts