Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Can anyone assist me with getting a wiring diagram for my 05 mazda 6 v6 sedan
in URGENT need of a wiring diagram from PCM connector or just complete wiring diagram

THANKS!!

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
I downloaded somewhere here the 2004 manual but I'm not sure if it's for V6. If you're interested, send me your email address.

You might want to see the profile of @DrFeelGood, though I can't remember if has the V6. He has listed almost everything you need for the first Gen.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you very much

received and downloaded.. this will work for my 2005 model correct?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I see the workshop manual but not the

WIRING DIAGRAM

this may not work

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hello @DrFeelGood

to be exact with my explanation as I’m not mechanically inclined.

I will attach a photo of my issue.
On my connector to the PCM PIN number 26 on the connector. the wire started to burn that began to happen while trying to start the car. The car has a brand new battery but the crank is so weak as if the battery is dead but it’s a new battery

See attached

·
Rally Racer
3,503 Posts
In my 2004 wiring diagram for the v6 the wire corresponding to pin 26 is a blue wire going to ignition coil #1. The wire is blue leaving the PCM but changes to white when it couples to the injector harness in the engine.

A verified fresh battery that cranks slow is frequently a poor ground. It is not obviously the only thing that could cause this but high on the list for me with the Mk.1 Mazda6.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you very much for the info

My wire is blue and black from the pcm but does go to the injector harness

so do I go over all my grounds again And also check my starter

·
Rally Racer
3,503 Posts
Thank you very much for the info

My wire is blue and black from the pcm but does go to the injector harness

so do I go over all my grounds again And also check my starter
Black/Blue stripe are from pin 25 and 24 and they are both grounds (almost all the black/blue from the PCM are grounds). I misstated earlier but pin 26 is black (not blue).
The ground points are on the back of the engine block (eye connector) and the joint block, behind the left foot panel (high above the fuse box behind dashboard near the A-pillar)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ok,
Thank you very

I confirmed the Joint block ground point is ok.
Just difficulty knowing where to go to get eye connector ground points behind engine block as you stated.
but still not getting engine to turn while getting very very weak crank.
Also cleaned the battery ground to the body of the vehicle

·
Rally Racer
3,503 Posts
Could be a faulty starter. What happened to get you to this point?
You say it is a new battery.
Did you replace it because it was not starting? Was it starting fine and then you had wiring damage? Did it not start and the battery ran down trying? Did everything work perfect and you just wanted to freshen the battery and that caused wire melting?
Other than filling requests, it is difficult to add advice if a complete understanding of the issue and origin of that issue is not known.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ok,
I was having transmission issues, and had my transmission replaced.
After replacing complete transmission which took a few days.
We installed the battery in vehicle to start to test drive car.
battery was a bit low so we Jump started it and car started first key.. we let it idle to burn off the oil on exhaust.. after we switched off..

After about 10 minutes again after installing bumper back we tried starting it.. and it didn’t so we put the jumper back on swung the key then It began slow cranking then the guys kept on moving the the jumper cables on the battery terminals perhaps thinking it wasn’t making good contact, and continued swinging the key to get it started. But it kept on with its sluggish crank until I saw smoke coming from under the dash and saw pin #26 wire melted and was smoking

and ever since the car gives a sluggish crank with No start at all

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Then I put in a new battery from a friends car he just bought but it’s still the same sluggish slow crank

but when installed my original battery on he’s car
it started he’s car first key
So I know it’s not the battery

·
Rally Racer
3,503 Posts
Thank you. Any time you have electrical issues the damage can in with multiple items.

My question is why did that particular wire melt?
Pin 26 is for the Coil but the wire you describe (black with blue stripe) is its neighbor, a ground wire.

I see you are from the Philippines and that would mean you car is a JDM spec. A v6 means it is something I have never seen and your wiring does not match or the car was imported.
I suppose there is also a small chance that there is a small variation between 2004 USDM and 2005 USDM wiring where colors changed.

It looks like way too much current was pushed through that wire, as if a jumper cable was grounded on the engine and trapped a coil wire, allowing current to move along to that point.

For me, the melting wire coincided with jump starting and slow cranking, so I would search for electrical issues through all the engine wiring.
For this you will need wiring schemes specific for your car.

Good luck

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hello again,

no I am it from phillipines I live in st Maarten right down from Florida in the Caribbean.

my account show’s phillipines my car is also North American spec

vin#1YVHP80D755M17281

1 - 20 of 20 Posts