Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

does anybody have a wiring diagram for the stock dvd navigation system for a mazda 6 2006 model? I would like to understand how the navigation mutes the stock non bose radio. How is the navigation system connected to the left front speaker?

thanks in advance!

George

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Hi all,

does anybody have a wiring diagram for the stock dvd navigation system for a mazda 6 2006 model? I would like to understand how the navigation mutes the stock non bose radio. How is the navigation system connected to the left front speaker?

thanks in advance!

George
[/b]
Not exactly sure of the wiring layout, but in the bose set up the stock nav system mutes the audio through the HU. I would only assume the non bose does the same thing.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi Cherryspeed,

I have read that as well. But if that would be the case I cannot explain why the nav system is able to suppres my phone. The phone uses a so called mute box between the HU and the speakers.

I would assume that since the mute box switches off the hu output from the speakers and inject the phone into the speaker that the nav would have no influence on the phone if it would be routed through the HU.

what do you think?

George

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
hi Cherryspeed,

I have read that as well. But if that would be the case I cannot explain why the nav system is able to suppres my phone. The phone uses a so called mute box between the HU and the speakers.

I would assume that since the mute box switches off the hu output from the speakers and inject the phone into the speaker that the nav would have no influence on the phone if it would be routed through the HU.

what do you think?

George
[/b]
Let me clarify. What I was saying is that the muting is done independent of the stock amp and speaker wiring. Replacing the speakers, amps and the associated wiring after the HU has no effect on the Nav muting. I am not exactly sure how this is accomplished, but if I was to guess I would say the HU has a "mute wire" similar to the wiring of the steering wheel controls.
The phone is more than likely wired so that when the mute box senses a call it automatically mutes the speakers. It is simply replacing the radio out put with the output of your phone. The nav system doesnt know the difference between the stereo speakers and the phone. It treats them as the same thing. So when you have a call and the mute box REPLACES the output of the stereo with your call the nav will mute it because that is the way it is programed.
I think!!!???? :D
Hope this helped.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes but that is the weird thing. It is not the nav that is using a mutebox but the phone. therefore i would assume that the phone would have priority over the nav. the opposite is true however.

strange isn't it?

Georg

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
yes but that is the weird thing. It is not the nav that is using a mutebox but the phone. therefore i would assume that the phone would have priority over the nav. the opposite is true however.

strange isn't it?

Georg
[/b]
It is my understanding (very possibly wrong) that the "mute" box in the phone kit is nothing more than a device which, once it senses a call, turns off the hu source and adds the phone source. The nav output is inline prior to the mute box, so it has priority over the phone. Isn't the mute box wired between the hu and the speakers, in line with the speaker outputs of the HU (and subsequently the nav output)? So I believe any muting of the source out of the HU through the speaker wires by the nav is done with the HU.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Cherryspeed,

Often a picutre says more than 1000 words. I guess tht you mean the set up as sketched in the attachment (schema.jpg).

But if that would be the case the HU together with the nav system would be switched off by the mute box of the telephone. This is not the case however.

Maybe we make a thinking error in assuming that the nav is routed throught the HU. Maybe it is the other way around. The HU is routed through the nav system. I know this sounds strange, but if you look at the attached diagram (diagram.pdf) it supports this assumption.

What do you think?

cheers,

George

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts