Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to compare the wiring diagrams for the Bose radio from the 05' and 06' models to see what differences there are. I am most interested in the wiring coming from/going to the CD changer, and if the mounting of the changer physically changed.

I have a diagram from the 05' but not the 06' so I'm wondering if anyone has purchased a service manual yet that might be able to write out the pin designations as well as the physical plug size/orientation to compare to the 05'.

The radios look very different, but the functionality appears the same so it's got me thinking about a few things.

Thanks!

·
Registered
149 Posts
I would like to compare the wiring diagrams for the Bose radio from the 05' and 06' models to see what differences there are. I am most interested in the wiring coming from/going to the CD changer, and if the mounting of the changer physically changed.

I have a diagram from the 05' but not the 06' so I'm wondering if anyone has purchased a service manual yet that might be able to write out the pin designations as well as the physical plug size/orientation to compare to the 05'.

The radios look very different, but the functionality appears the same so it's got me thinking about a few things.

Thanks!
[/b]
I asked my dealership last month about this and after a couple calls he told me it wasnt released yet. Reminds me now I need to call them back

·
Registered
233 Posts
Just use the 05 models diagram. Its all the same in 06. I just did mine (again) today.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmmm...I'm trying to see if the 06' CD changer that has MP3 readability will be able to retrofit to the 05' radio so if the connections are the physically same that is a good start.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Hmmm...I'm trying to see if the 06' CD changer that has MP3 readability will be able to retrofit to the 05' radio so if the connections are the physically same that is a good start.
[/b]
make sure, if applicable, you match bose for bose etc. Other than that, harness si the same. Basically plug and play.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts