Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been racking my brain searching for an updated version of the PAC AEOM-MAZ2 for my 2020 Mazda6 Grand Touring. Plan is to install amp/sub combo via t-harness on the Bose amp (behind glove box). I just need to add rca plugs so I can connect the sub/amp. Unless someone has better advise for me? Thanks!

·
Registered
3,484 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the link. Watched it, read it, made some sense, but I'm not much of a techie so still have some questions.
Got that I don't need to add LOC, so how do I add RCAs? From my limited knowledge, the HiLo is how I can tap into the wires to get RCA capabilities. And as for the remote wire, where would I need to tap into for that (video mentions it but I understood is as - it's a 25A fuse so adding an amp would blow it).
Sorry for the newbie questions. Just trying to slightly improve my Bose sound with a little more bass... without breaking bank ($200 to have shop install an amp/sub combo and all the wires and connectors needed - all of which I'm providing). So thanks in advance!

·
Registered
3,484 Posts
The cheapest way would be to use the AUX in and a source that has an EQ built in. Ive got my 3 pounding pretty good in most cases.

RCA is only a type of connector, nothing special, just solder these onto the car wiring 20-pack RCA Male Plug Solder Free Gold Plated Audio Video Adapter Connector USA | eBay

As for the remote wire, since the system is on all the time, theres no point in trying to find anything but a simple switched source thatll turn the amp on with the rest of the car. Or get an amp that has audio sensing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts