Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am looking for some winter tires for my 2004 mazda 6 but have limited knowledge on this topic area! I live up north therefore, a severe snow/ice season is always a possiblity. The price quotes that I have gotten so far are for the wintermark Magna grip and wamli winter challenger 600 - Can you provide any insight into these tires? Are they good? Is any one better than the other? You advice will be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
679 Posts
Never heard of them.

·
Premium Member
7,221 Posts
Well unless you have 16" rims the Manga Grips aren't going to work for you as it seems that is their biggest size. What country are you in coralie (good idea to put your location in your profile)? The Wanli's only showed up in google in German.

How much are you being quote for those tyres? You should be looking at about $400-$500 USD installed for a good set of winter tyres. If they are turely good snow tyres they should have the mountain symbol with the snowflake on the tyre like this:

I'm not sure if that is industry standard anywhere but the US, but I don't see why it wouldn't be the same elsewhere.

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
It is an international symbol. See this URL of boring conference proceedings, for instance.
[/b]
:zzz: Or you could read a very concise summary here.

To the op, both brands you're asking about are considered cheap brands. Wintermark is made by Kelly, which has a less than stellar quality rating. Wanli hasn't been selling tires in this country very long, but reviews I've heard from dealers weren't glowing. It's a "get what you pay for" type of brand. Not to say that either of these tires don't have respectable winter performance, but the reputation of these two brands isn't good.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Dunlop Winter Sport M3's

I just got them a couple days ago from tirerack.

581.92 shipped

Pretty pricey. But i think i made the right choice.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
I just sold my studded Nokian H2s to DaveRulz. those are awesome winter tires

·
Registered
39 Posts
I just sold my studded Nokian H2s to DaveRulz. those are awesome winter tires
[/b]

im just coming back into country and i am going to be in AK and i had a buddy call one of the local dealers that had the NOkian H4's and they were going for about $892!!!!! wtf! i want these tires bad but i dont know if i want it that bad. so is there a place that i can get the same quality tire or about the same for cheaper??

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I live in Canada. What I am gathering from this discussion are that the tires I have been told about so far are not the best! That being said, I do not wish to spend 892$ on a pair of tires - seems a little pricey. Can you suggest some tires in the mid-range which are of a reputable quality? Thanks for all your input! :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.