Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that there is a lot of info over forum. But all of it is not a really informative.
I need a set of winter tires with best grip on snow and ice.
Please write only about tested and proven.

PS and I need a set of rally snow tires (they similar to grease/sand). Previous set was killed last winter.
I used russian production but they didn't impressed me. So I need something more reliable. I hasn't seen any rally tires at online shops, so I need help of somebody who used them.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Can't help you with rally tires. I used studded Hakka in Canada, they were illegal here so I shifted to the Blizzak WS50. If you need maximum grip on ice and snow, and you're not going over 100 mph, then those are the best available now. For dry road/snow combined there're others I'd look at. Check out www.tirerack.com for head to head testing of snow tires.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I always used studded BF Goodrich Winter Slalom on every car I had (7 so far). I really liked it but I live in a remote area, so if you live in the city, I don't recommend studded tires.

Last set I used is again Winter Slalom, but studless, on a 2000 1.8L Mazda Protege. I really didn't like it though, either on snow or ice.

I just installed a set of Bridgestone Blizzak REVO 1 (205/60/16 on OEM steel wheels, stored the 17" mags for winter :tear: ). These are studless and I was told they perform better on ice. I admit that the grooves are smaller than on the BFGs I used before.

I'll see when there will be enough snow in my area. Just wait a week or two.

If I can recall well enough, Canadian Rally Championship (http://www.carsrally.ca) chose the Toyo as snow/ice rally tires (don't know which exact sub-brand). Although it is probably sponsored, I guess if they race on these, they must be good.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I was wrong, Winter Rally in Canada uses Yolohama, not Toyo.

Sorry for this mistake.

It's been snowing for the last 3 days over here, and the Blizzaks are doing a great job. I didn't even notice any more road noises, like what I had with previous winter tires used.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
2 Bob3
Thanks for info

1 - 5 of 5 Posts