Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey peeps,

What tires/rims do you guys run in the Vancouver winter? Do you swap them out, or just keep rims and change tires?

Ash

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
We swap back onto stockers with the stock Michelin tires. Usually run them from Early Nov to late Feb.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
err if only i had my stock rims still..hmm.. gotta find a cheap'ish solution that doesn't look cheap'ish

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
black? powdercoated them black?

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
16" steelies + snow tires. Or check out CL for any Mazda3s 16" or 17" oem wheels.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
I used 16" black steelies on winter tires when I had mine. It was awesome, never got stuck in that huge snow storm we had a few years back.

·
Registered
392 Posts
I have set of snow tires for sale. 225/45/18 Dunlop Winter Sport M3. PM if you're interested.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I"ve had a lot of luck with Michelin X-ice and in the past I had their Pilot Alpin's on my 240sx I used to own. Both excellent!

IMO, I'm from Ontario originally and winter tires out there are essential. Here... not so much so.. unless we get freakish weather like the snow storm we had 2 years back. Last year though, my snows were useless, it hardly snowed at all, except when I'd go boarding.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts