Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I called the local (Burnsville MN) Discount Tire asking about winter tires, and they said their computer said 16's would fit, but a fit test would be best. Everything I've read here and else where indicates that 16's won't fit a Speed6, right? So is their computer wrong (they said it was speed6 model specific) or they just trying to get me in the door for bait and switch? :)

Thanks!
Mike

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
So I called the local (Burnsville MN) Discount Tire asking about winter tires, and they said their computer said 16's would fit, but a fit test would be best. Everything I've read here and else where indicates that 16's won't fit a Speed6, right? So is their computer wrong (they said it was speed6 model specific) or they just trying to get me in the door for bait and switch? :)

Thanks!
Mike
[/b]
Just go in and walk out if the 16's don't fit. I'm willing to bet they don't fit though.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Ugh. Hate to say it but search.

·
Registered
210 Posts
How big are the rotors on our car? I belive the number is about 13" now add a caliper thickness, say 3" still think 16's will fit?

·
Registered
136 Posts
How big are the rotors on our car? I belive the number is about 13" now add a caliper thickness, say 3" still think 16's will fit?
[/b]
Do s search on the other Mazda forum site and you will find pics showing that 16" rims do indeed fit on our car and the MS3 as well without rubbing.

R

·
Registered
679 Posts
16s don't fit.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Do s search on the other Mazda forum site and you will find pics showing that 16" rims do indeed fit on our car and the MS3 as well without rubbing.

R
[/b]
Please show me. I didnt think it was possible. 17's look realy close to the calipers. If there are some speed6's with 16's I would think that it would be a lucky fit, but I doubt all 16's would clear the calipers.

·
Registered
862 Posts
When I go on tire rack it says "*** Cannot downsize to 16" ***"

·
Registered
42 Posts
I tried putting my 17" rims on from my last car and they fit alright, but I couldnt stand how it looked with a much bigger gap so I just got some 18" all seasons.

·
Registered
136 Posts

·
Registered
979 Posts
If you are gonna let them test fit them you have too much free time on your hands... Believe us when we say that THEY WILL NOT FIT!!!! They may fit the speed 3 but not the speed 6

·
Registered
595 Posts
there are probably some 16s that will fit, but most wont. Trial and error will probably find some though. The clearance will be very minimal though.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I put a set of mazda3 17 inch rims on thet look like mini rx8 wheels.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I put a set of mazda3 17 inch rims on thet look like mini rx8 wheels.
[/b]
I have ordered the Mazda 3 GT rims as well with Toyo Garit snow tires. Cost me $1600 CD. And my wallet and I cried all the way home...

They should be in on Tuesday. When they are installed I will take a photo if anyone is interested. By the way, 16 will not fit. Trust me, I have looked at every option available. Don't waste your money or get conned. Liten to you friends here at Mazda6Club...

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
If you are gonna let them test fit them you have too much free time on your hands... Believe us when we say that THEY WILL NOT FIT!!!! They may fit the speed 3 but not the speed 6
[/b]
Not exactly the case...

The MS3 has the same brakes, which is clearly the fitment issue...

Because all wheels have the same outside diameter, does not mean the inside clearance is the same...

For cost effective reasons, I would suggest contacting that member and getting a model of the steelie, because I would be willing to bet quite a bit that that wheel is going to fit a MS6...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts