Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those who switch the OEM 215/45/18 summer tires for 215/50/17 winter tires. What is the correct air pressure? Still the same at 38psi?

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
Thanks, but 32psi is for the regular Mazda 6. The speed 6 is a lot heavier so that remain the same 32psi?
[/b]
you need to read the whole thread. it gives you everything you need to know about load ratings of tires as well as raising the tire pressure to account for extra weight. there are also links to other tire threads that can be of some use.

and the thread says to run 38psi btw.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
you need to read the whole thread. it gives you everything you need to know about load ratings of tires as well as raising the tire pressure to account for extra weight. there are also links to other tire threads that can be of some use.

and the thread says to run 38psi btw.
[/b]
I must be especially dense today, because I've read through that thread several times, and I can't see where to figure the correct pressure. I understand that the correct pressure is a function of the load rating and the tire size. But, I can't find anything that tells me how much the pressure should be adjusted due to a change in load rating or tire size.

This thread has the type of information I'd like to see, but the !7" wheels section is for the Mazda6, not for the MS6.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Since the manual says to add 3psi for winter I put 41psi on my 215/50/17. I realise that they probably assume that the tire sizes are the same for both winter and summer, but 41psi seems to work fine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts