Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A while back there was the canadian poster who got his steelies for 80 cdn. He tracked down a part number and company and I contacted them expecting no reply, here's what I recieved this morning.

BTW these are the 17" rx8/mazdaspeed wheels.

We have the wheel that you are searching for. We have 5000 in stock.
If you want to place an order, we will ship wheels collect and your canadian cost is $ 72.95.

Thank you[/b]
So that comes to $64.91 USD, I didnt make it seem like I was a big shop wanting to order a ton so if they are willing to put through a few orders of 4 the more power to us and them.

We can get a few orders together and we can email them whenever. Has anyone out there found 17" matching boltpattern steelies for an RX8/MS6 in the US? I havent seen them on any Rx8 forum yet.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
A while back there was the canadian poster who got his steelies for 80 cdn. He tracked down a part number and company and I contacted them expecting no reply, here's what I recieved this morning.

BTW these are the 17" rx8/mazdaspeed wheels.
So that comes to $64.91 USD, I didnt make it seem like I was a big shop wanting to order a ton so if they are willing to put through a few orders of 4 the more power to us and them.
We can get a few orders together and we can email them whenever. Has anyone out there found 17" matching boltpattern steelies for an RX8/MS6 in the US? I havent seen them on any Rx8 forum yet.
[/b]
i called them also this week. the guy told me he would call me back with a shipped price and never did. im down with a group buy.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I'd be interested...it's cheaper to buy these steelies & tires than buying snow tires for the stock rims.
[/b]
I'd be interested too. I am a total newbie to this and am looking for something not too expensive to pass through the winters in SE Michigan. Just want to make sure these fit with some winter tires without doing any other mods.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Pictures?

·
Registered
315 Posts
Pictures?
[/b]
Put me down for a set too. Paypal, cc, cash whatever. I can't see them being more than $350 with shipping..

It IS cheaper to buy these and a set of 17" tires. And you don't have to worry about curbing the stockers during the winter...Or cleaning them :)

What about the shipping. Will he ship the sets to us individually?

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'd totally be intertested!! I've been trying to find steelies for a long time. Let me know as soon as there are details!

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
I would also like to see what these will look like

·
Registered
237 Posts
I would also like to see what these will look like
[/b]
+1

can we get some pics? This might be my most viable winter option :) has to happen soon though!

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This company is VERY slow I don't think i'll ever get answers from them on anything less than a 3-4 day delay. But one company who is wants to do a gb and is communicating with me is vei for gauges.

·
Registered
320 Posts
That's what I got last winter and I paid about the same price. The only downside is they are a little narrow but they're about the only steel wheels that have an acceptable offset.

·
Registered
28 Posts
What is the name of the company you're trying to buy them from?

Who did you buy them from last year, Bassthe1st?

·
Registered
392 Posts
Where in Canada is this company? Can we buy direct from them?

·
Registered
217 Posts
Where in Canada is this company? Can we buy direct from them?
[/b]
The company is Tires 123 and here is the price I was quoted (I live in Canada). Remember these prices are in Canadian funds.

17" steel rims, $360/set

215/50/17 winter tires
Dunlop DS-2 $770
Toyo Garit KX $1030
Michelin X-Ice $900
Dunlop Winter Sport M3 $940

All tax included and installed.

Thanks

·
Registered
320 Posts
What is the name of the company you're trying to buy them from?

Who did you buy them from last year, Bassthe1st?
[/b]
Mazda dealer...

The company is Tires 123 and here is the price I was quoted (I live in Canada). Remember these prices are in Canadian funds.

17" steel rims, $360/set

215/50/17 winter tires
Dunlop DS-2 $770
Toyo Garit KX $1030
Michelin X-Ice $900
Dunlop Winter Sport M3 $940

All tax included and installed.

Thanks
[/b]
You DONT want the DS-2, trust me.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I had emailed a guy at onlinemazdaparts.com, a division of Montgomery Mazda and had had no idea about any steel wheels.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Okay I'm out actually of all people :nono:

I bought Fusion SEL takeoffs from ebay for 240$ shipped.

Here's the contact information:

Chantal Goupil
Directrice adjointe
(418) 696-2222
(800) 463-9861
fax: (418) 696-9317
[email protected]
www.palmar.ca

The company is called Palmar and the part number is:X99134N

Through this Chantal it seem you can order you wheels... She has been my contact all along at PALMAR. They are only in Canada so they will be drop shipped.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Pictures of them?? Winter tires cost that much? I was thinking like 300 for 4.lol IM ignorant i guess?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts