Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My father in law wants to know the best idea for winter tires. He was thinking about getting studded fronts or would chains be better?

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Any suggestions for black ice though its real bad here? I just noticed the nokian thread close thread mod. Thx

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
we get black ice all the time in CT, and the best precaution is to just drive slower when its around freezing.

I'm just going with some Dunlop M3's. I've heard they're great, so thats my recommendation, along with paying attention to the temperature.

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
we get black ice all the time in CT, and the best precaution is to just drive slower when its around freezing.

I'm just going with some Dunlop M3's. I've heard they're great, so thats my recommendation, along with paying attention to the temperature.
[/b]

if you want dunlop m3's then i hope you got them already...

cuase you are going to have a very hard time finding stock of them anywhere!

·
Registered
1,698 Posts

[/b]

yeah I picked up some on 17" alloys from a member on here a while ago. just sitting in stack in my garage until I stop being lazy and jack up my car and bolt them on.

·
Registered
747 Posts

[/b]
Why is that? I see that stock size (215/50-17) have disappeared from Tire Rack... is that because they're greatly in demand or because they're discontinued? That was my first choice just from browsing, may have to fall back to fighting local winter rush for Nokians.

·
Administrator
2018 Mazda6 GT Reserve
8,540 Posts
Why is that? I see that stock size (215/50-17) have disappeared from Tire Rack... is that because they're greatly in demand or because they're discontinued? That was my first choice just from browsing, may have to fall back to fighting local winter rush for Nokians.
[/b]
They've most likely been sold out for the season, since Tirerack had them listed in late October...

·
Registered
747 Posts
They've most likely been sold out for the season, since Tirerack had them listed in late October...
[/b]
Crap, yes, didn't move soon enough (but didn't know my 6 was getting demoted to winter duty until almost November!) Tire Rack finally sent me a note to confirm they're out of Winter Sport 3 in 215-50/17.

So what if you already have a set and destroy one? :headscrat:

I'm away for another week or so, so I'm hoping everyone ELSE has gotten their tires taken care of before I go looking for Nokians... shops were turning people away by 9AM a few weeks ago.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts