Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sup guys. Im in MN and its been friggin cold here lately and I want to know what oil I should go with to make sure my car is performing well. Right now I have 5w30 in it, which I was pretty pissed off about. I brought it to a Precision Lube shop, they said i can get 5w20 in it, and then on the receipt they had 5w30 listed. F-ing A! Anyways yeah, what weight and all that stuff should I use during these colder months?

Thanks guys,

DS18

·
Registered
222 Posts
Did you try the manual? I'm sure it specifies if there is a different winter recommendation.

I was going to buy 5W20 last night, glad I didn't. Didn't think to check the manual. My 94 Grand Prix specified an optional different weight for winter. If the manual doesn't say different, I'd stick to 5w20.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
I've been using Mobil1 5w-20 (0w-20) since 1000 miles. My car has been through two harsh winters, and I'll be using the stuff again this winter.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Royal Purple 5w-20 here. I have a good connection where I can get it for 3.50/quart :cheers:

·
Registered
309 Posts
DuckSoup18,

Keep your Groucho mask on, light up a stogie and drink up that hot dog water it will definitely help keep the MN chill away.

I have personally been a fan of Mobile 5-20 and run it year round in my 6S.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
7 Participants
MN6
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing