Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone with a wagon have the Mazda rubber mat set? I ordered a set with my new wagon, but the rear mats don't really fit in the car. They either ride up onto the front of the rear seat or they have to push under the front seat rail trim and end up popping the trim piece off....Strange.
They looked like the right mats. They have Mazda6 written on them. THe dealer said the mats for all body styles were the same so I don't know what's up...neither did they.

·
Registered
436 Posts
I have em in mine. You really have to push down on the carpet and jam them in there. They will fit.

·
Administrator
2018 Mazda6 GT Reserve
8,570 Posts
I have em in mine. You really have to push down on the carpet and jam them in there. They will fit.
[/b]
+1

The mats are supposed to fit all three body styles. And yes, you do have to apply a little pressure in order for them to stay in place, but they do...

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
They fit, I have not had a problem.

·
Registered
2017 MZ6 GT Jet Black Mica
3,575 Posts
I didn't have to apply pressure for them to fit. I had trouble at first, but then I tried switching them around from side to side. That worked pretty well. I also have them over top of my other mats though. I think the OEM carpet mats are suppose to come out, and the all-weather ones go in if I'm correct...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys. I tried another dealership and they got them in and showed me. I don't know why it didn't seem right the first time.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Thanks guys. I tried another dealership and they got them in and showed me. I don't know why it didn't seem right the first time.
[/b]
I also had a helluva time getting the rear ones in. It seems they need to be jammed under the plastic seat bracket covers. Definitely a weird setup, but at least they look cool.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just put them in my wagon w/ no problems. The rear ones are a snug against the plastic by the center console, but they lay flat and do their job.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts