Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Most of us are in dire need of snows or all seasons.

How can we get a group buy together? Any sponsors for tires?
I searched the GB section and did not see anything.

What do you think?

EDIT************

Just tires for the OEM MS6 wheels...

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
+1
just tires

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
I would try to specify if you're looking for a tire/rim package or just tires to fit the OEM rims. I bet you would be able to find a suitable merchant more easily that way. Good idea to try to get a GB going.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
+1 for all seasons. My Potenza's still have a lot of tread left on them and I'm going to sell them to finance the all seasons.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
+1 ... i think these pirelli tires are the ones i was looking at these are all seasons right?
[/b]
PZero Nero M&S. I think the Contis will actually be a better tire based on reading some of the comments on Tirerack and they are much cheaper too.

·
Registered
493 Posts
dont read the comments, read the tire tests. the pirellis ran away with every category.
[/b]
Except for snow - which they didn't test on. Their assumption was that the Conti's would perform the best of the bunch.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Well, for those of us who do get snow, I want the tire that was tested on snow, not the one that assumed the other one would be better and didn't test. I know that the Pirellis are better on dry roads and in rain though.

·
Registered
112 Posts
We have no tire sponsor and I believe none of our sponsors even sell tires. I would then get in touch with Eric at www.tireswap.com.
[/b]
definitely interested, but would need to know pricing etc, before i decide on rims, steelies, or just tires.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Steelies are sooooo FUGLY.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Whats the tire you all want to agree on? You tell me the tire you all wnat, and I will get a group deal....but shipping is what bites the hot sausage on tires......too heavy to ship for 10 bucks no matter how you try to!

Seriously, if you all come up whith a tire you can agree on so that I can go to my distributor and offer to buy or order 20 tires...or better yet 40 tires......there is mucho more ability to beat him up a few more bucks than asking for a special deal on 4 tires. I dont think it will work, because I cant imagine 10 men all agreeing on ANYTHING......let alone something as personal as tires or beer!

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
my choice would be dunlop M3's!

but i'm not sure if you guys would let me in on this or if it would go along with your GB...i want 215/50/17

read the reviews on these tires. They are excellent. and a good friend of mine had them on his 6 last year and he flew by me in the snow no problem! He loves them...

·
Registered
679 Posts
215 50 17 was on Tire Rack for $134. Now they are sold out!

1 - 20 of 61 Posts