Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys.

Winter is on it's way which means a load of crap is gonna be attaching itself to our lovely 6s!

So what winter prepping are we all going to use?

I'm going for a couple of coats of Collinite 476. Only read really good things about it!

Cheers guys.

·
Registered
110 Posts

Lol..sorry, just had to.

But good topic. I'm planning on washing and waxing the car this weekend (hopefully) with a synthetic based wax and finishing it off with a polish type sealant. Although it doesn't get that cold here in Houston until Jan/Feb. But this should keep the paint protected for a while since this winter, the 6 will have to spend the nights outside because the Miata will be in the garage.

·
Registered
76 Posts
In Canada so if I can get to them all...3M clear skin on fron bumper, mud flaps installed, coolant flush, snow tires and of course my regular check everthing over end to end and re-load the trunk with all the get the hell outta a snow bank stuff

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers guys. Winters can be pretty bad here, but its more the amount of salt grit that gets put on the roads here that concerns me. Having treated myself to a 6, I'm gonna take care of my baby!

·
Registered
305 Posts
In Canada so if I can get to them all...3M clear skin on fron bumper, mud flaps installed, coolant flush, snow tires and of course my regular check everthing over end to end and re-load the trunk with all the get the hell outta a snow bank stuff
Where is a good place to buy mad flaps? I really need some for the winter

·
Registered
76 Posts
I've looked around a little as I still have to find some myself. I'm probably going to end up going to Canadian tire our somewhere like that and pick up genetic ones so I don't pay an arm and a leg for them

·
Registered
98 Posts
Strip off the Dodo Juice & Blackfire Wet Diamond, strip tire & trim dressings, clay it, give it 2 new coats of BFWD and re-coat all the trim & tires.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Mine already came with mudflaps fitted. Only little ones mind, but I suppose they will protect my 6.

I'm not even going to pretend the English winter is anywhere as bad as a Canadian winter!

·
Registered
31 Posts
We don't get a lot of snow in the Cincinnati area but what seems to happen a lot is we get a little burst of a snow shower which will usually melt on it's own or blow off the streets if left alone. However, they never leave it alone and the salt trucks hit the streets dumping tons of that crap. The dusting of snow that would have been totally gone in a few hours is replaced with a thick layer of salt that lasts for days and days. I am already saving quarters to hit the self serve car wash every few days to flush that crap off my vehicles.

·
Registered
745 Posts
I have always used Mother's clay bar and that seems to work well for both the summer and winter. I want some mud flaps too so if anyone found some please post up.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Well I put on the clay last week and Monday we got a ton of rain:

nice little beeds lets me know its working.

And then this morning we get this:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts